II - Chapter 38: Agents 588 and 589*

Max's POV: 2 years later...

"Max you are seriously not going to do that," John shouted through my earpiece. He was currently riding on a motorcycle right next to me.

"Well I am going to," I replied back. I drove next to the truck getting ready to jump.

"You are going to get yourself killed," John warned.

"How many times have you told me that?" I asked, "Activate auto-pilot. Tail Agent 588."

"Activating auto-pilot, trailing Agent 588," the computer sounded. Agent 588 is John, while I am Agent 589.

"If you die, I am saying I told you so," John said and I laughed. I stood up from my motorcycle keeping my hands on the handles and jumped to grab the handle from the back of the truck. Once my fingers grasped the handles, my body slammed against the door making a loud 'thud' noise. The wind was blowing wildly in my face and I was relieved that I put my hair in a bun earlier. I held on for dear life as the truck made a sharp turn that threw me against the truck door. Once the truck started to drive steadily, I took out pen that counted as a lock buster and opened the lock. I swung open the doors to reveal the two missing agents and a guard.

"Hello boys," I said and went and punched the guard right on his jaw. He fell back from the impact and I kicked him in the sensitive spot. Then I knocked him out. I opened the locks from the two missing agents.

"Thank god Evans," Peter said. Then the truck came to an abrupt stop that made me lose my balance. Peter Wells and Brian Berkley were some of the best agents in the FBI. They got captured when they were on their last mission and it was my job to get them back.

"No problem Wells," I said and walked out of the truck. I saw that John was fighting the driver and I helped him out by shooting him with a tranquilizer dart.

"Thank you," John said.

"No problem," I said putting the gun back into my pants.

"You know instead of jumping from a moving motorcycle to a truck, you could have used a grappling hook right?" John asked.

"Well in the moment, I didn't think about that and it wouldn't have been as much fun," I said with a pout.

"I swear, she is so careless that it will get her killed someday," Brian said.

"I have heard that a million times and I still haven't gotten myself killed," I said and went over to my motorcycle. This was the FBI's property, but I still consider it mine.

"Whoa there Peter, I am driving," I said getting on before him.

"Good luck riding with Evans," Brian said getting on after John.

"You should know that I like going fast," I said and Peter groaned. We took off and were on our way to headquarters.

***

During the two years that I was gone, I began training at the FBI headquarters in D.C. Since I already knew how to fight and shoot and whatever, my training was pretty short and before I knew it, I was going on missions with John. We have always succeeded on our missions, and I am not kidding. John and I have been getting closer and we are an unstoppable team. I push his limits to get things done and he keeps me in check. That is why we get along so easily...well, most of the times. I parked my motorcycle in my parking space and walked to the central room.

"Great job in the mission," some agents said as they passed me. I had the least amount of years in training, yet I will still on the same level as other agents. John and I were known for being spies and going undercover. We weren't those people who do their work in the public. I like the idea of being unnoticed and undetected.