Chapter 47: I Love You Too*

As I pushed through the bushes, I ran through many scenarios of what I was going to say. Was it too early to say those three words? I took a step on the ledge and saw Ace sitting at the edge of the rock admiring the sky.

"You still come here and this place is still as beautiful as I last remember it," I said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah," Ace said, "Come here Max." I walked to where he was sitting and sat down beside him. We were quiet for a couple minutes. I don't know if I was too busy admiring the view or I didn't know what to say. I think he has the same dilemma as I do, what do we say first?

"You know, I stopped going here for a while when you left because it reminded me too much of you. I mean, this is where we had our first kiss and our first date," Ace started and I sighed.

"I will always remember how nervous you were. You were trying to act cool about the whole thing, but you were terrible at hiding it," I said chuckling lightly.

"Even though our first date was simple, it still was special to me," Ace said and I nodded, "You looked breathtaking."

"I didn't even wear anything fancy," I exclaimed and Ace laughed.

"You still did Max, you still did," Ace said before trailing off.

"I don't even know why this is all so awkward," I muttered rubbing my arm slightly.

"I don't know either," Ace said and I was startled that he actually heard me.

"I am sorry Ace, I just don't know what to say," I said embarrassedly and covered my face in my hands. I felt Ace's hands touch my hands and turned my face towards him.

"Max, I know that we haven't seen each other in two years, but I still love you. I have always loved you," Ace whispered as our foreheads touched. I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled.

"I love you too Ace," I whispered to him and he smiled. Our lips were only a couple inches away from each other and I closed that gap and pressed my lips against his. My arms moved to his neck and he pulled my waist into him. I missed him; I missed how he always made my heart race and how he was always gentle. He held me tight and soon he pulled away and rested his head on mine.

"I hope you don't think we are moving too fast Max," he said and I chuckled.

"No way, Ace," I said before lying down and Ace placed my head on his lap. This time the silence between us wasn't awkward; we didn't need to say anything to each other. We just enjoyed each other's company. His hands fiddled with my hair as his eyes never left mine.

"You are so beautiful Max," Ace said and I reached up to stroke his cheek. He instantly melted into my touch and I smiled.

"I made the bad boy soft," I murmured and Ace chuckled.

"I made the bad*ss girl shy," Ace said and I rolled my eyes.

"Only with you babe," I teased and winked. He leaned down and kissed me before running his thumb across my cheek. I wanted to live in this moment forever, but everything ends. I sat up and held his hand.

"You know that I need to go back to the D.C. right?" I asked and Ace sighed.

"I do, but we can always do a long distance relationship," Ace suggested and I smiled, "I am willing to, if you are."

"I am willing to Ace, I would literally walk the ends of the Earth just for you," I replied and laughed, "That was so cheesy." I ran my fingers through my hair and Ace laughed.

"I mean, I would do the same for you. Promise me you will visit," Ace said and I laughed.

"That's a stupid promise because I am going to do that whether you like it or not," I joked and Ace rolled his eyes.