Chapter 26: Well, I Changed My Mind*

Ace's POV:

I put on a pair of jeans with my Vans and a white t-shirt. I then went downstairs and saw Martin and Jayden already in the kitchen getting some breakfast.

"So when is Max going to be here?" Martin asked.

"I think my Mom said that she was going to be here at 9," I said.

"Well it's already 9," Martin said and I instantly heard the doorbell.

"Well that's her then," I drawled and went to open the door. I saw Max standing there looking at her phone.

"Hey Max," I said staring at her.

"Hey," she said a smile forming.

"Ready to go?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, can you ask Martin if he can take his car because my car only seats four," she asked and I nodded.

"Can I go with Macy?" Jayden asked as him and Martin walked towards me.

"Yeah," I said and Jayden hopped into Max's car.

"Come on man," Martin said walking to his car. Max pulled out of the driveway and Martin followed her.

"Why can't I drive?" I asked.

"Cause it's my car," Martin said simply. Martin had a Range Rover and compared to Max, we were nothing. As much as Range Rovers are expensive, they are not as cool as a Lamborghini. Well, that's just my opinion. Her hood was off and I saw them dancing to the music. I smiled to myself knowing that they were having fun.

"You are so whipped," Martin said while eyeing me in the mirror. He then chuckled to himself.

"No way," I denied.

"The way you look at her says otherwise," Martin said.

"Well it's not true because she's just my friend," I said while crossing my arms.

"I don't think so man," Martin said, "I thought of a nickname for her."

"What is it?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Princess," Martin said, "I am going to call her my princess," Martin said and I rolled my eyes. We got to the reserved side of Central Park and parked right next to Max.

"Okay, let's get going," I said and we went to the ticket line.

"Hi miss, can I have your tickets?" a guy around our age asked.

"Yeah sure," Max flashed a smile and gave him our tickets. My mouth formed a thin line when I saw the guy taking in Max's smile.

"Thank you," she said and we all walked in. We then followed Macy and Jayden wherever they wanted to go. We went on the ferris wheel and then played games. Then we went for lunch and went to go on some more rides. I could tell that Max was really good with kids. She was also pretty bomb at playing the carnival games. Soon it was dinnertime so we all got sandwiches and sat by the stage.

"It's cool how we got front row seats," Macy said taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"Yeah, I am so excited to see Skylar Summers," Jayden said.

"Me too," Macy said.

"Yeah me too," Max said.

"You are a fan of Skylar Summers and Raini Reynolds?" I asked and Max nodded.

"Who isn't?" Alex asked and I chuckled. Soon Skylar Summers went on stage and started to perform. Max, Alex, Jayden, and Macy all sang along. Soon the show was over and the performers started a "dance circle."