Chapter 33: It Was Way Better*

Ace's POV:

Martin and I sat in a table in the corner of the building. Although we were in the back, it was the best seats in the house since we were on a leveled area. Stone Fox was fighting and somehow I noticed some familiar features about her. She has her hood on and mask, but I can still see the silhouette of her face and it just seems really familiar to me. I don't know how and I don't know why. Another girl that had her hood up walked past me and had a picture of a fox on the back of her leather jacket. Martin and I exchanged glances and jumped out of our seats.

"Excuse me," I said to the girl. I knew that it was a girl because I saw some of her hair sticking out. She spun to face us and I saw that she also had a mask on.

"Yes?" she asked with a bored tone.

"Who are you?" Martin said standing beside me.

"None of your business," she said and turned around, "But you can remember me as Snow Fox." She walked away towards the counter and Martin's jaw was hanging open.

"It there a possibility that she is somehow related to Stone Fox?" Martin asked excitedly.

"Don't know man, but that fox is very similar to Stone Fox's logo. I am pretty sure that she knows Stone Fox to be able to get that graphic. Stone Fox would have beaten up anyone who stole her design," I said and Martin agreed. I glanced at the crowd and saw a familiar mop of blonde hair that was walking towards me. I remember him from somewhere, was it Kevin? Calum?

"Hey man, aren't you Ace? Max's friend?" the guy asked.

"Yeah, you are?" I asked trying to think of his name.

"Caleb Matthews," Caleb said and the named clicked. Max's previous crush. I would be jealous; he looks like the type of guy that can get any girl.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, "Oh sorry. This is Martin, my best friend."

"'Sup," Martin said nodding towards them.

"Well these are my friends, Ronnie and Toby," Caleb said motioning to the guys standing next to them. They were the symbol of football players, very stereotypical.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said.

"Well we wanted to check out the infamous Stone Fox in one of her fights, I invited Max and Alex, but they said that they had plans," Caleb said. My heart was beating faster as I heard Max's name and that there was a possibility that she could have came.

"I invited her to one of my races already," I said, "She came."

"I wonder why?" Caleb giving Ronnie a glance and Ronnie rolled his eyes.

"Well we should get back to our table, but it was nice meeting you," Toby said and they all walked away.

"I haven't heard of a Caleb, Ronnie, or Toby before," Martin blurted.

"Caleb is Alex's twin brother and Max's previous crush," I said with no emotion, "Ronnie and Toby probably went to high school with Max."

"Oh makes sense. She doesn't like him anymore does she?" Martin asked lowly.

"Yeah, but she did before," I said sighing and running my fingers through my hair. I walked out swinging my keys on my fingers when I heard rustling from the alley. My instincts told me to walk in the other direction, but since when did I actually listen to my instincts? So, I walked into the alley and immediately felt the wind get knocked out of me when I was slammed against the brick walls.

"Who the heck are you?" I growled.

"Where is Stone Fox?" the man asked, "Where is she?"

"I don't know!" I shouted.