Chapter 19: Are You The Love Police?*

Ace's POV:

The way that Martin felt so comfortable talking to Max, made me a little jealous. I wanted to be the guy that she felt comfortable with. I wanted to be the person that made her laugh that infectious laugh. What kept me from totally going all beast on him was the fact that he said he preferred Alex earlier. I have a feeling that he is just teasing me right now.

"Hey, there's my parents, let's go," Martin said pointing to his parents, "Max and Alex, why don't you guys go first."

"Okay," Alex said pulling Max with her. I think that Alex knew what Martin was sending to her.

"I know that you like Max, Ace, you way that you look at her gives it away. She is just too oblivious to notice," Martin said, "I am not trying to get you angry, but I would never go for her because I wouldn't do that to you. Sure I think she is hot and nice and all, but I think she is better for you. Besides, I think I like Alex better."

"I don't like Max," I said, "And you already told me that you preferred Alex."

"Fine," Martin said, "We will see whose right in the end." He walked away and I followed him over to his parents.

"Martin, Ace," Lila said. Lila and Keith were Martin's parents.

"You didn't tell me that you know these girls. Maxine Evans, niece of Tom Hanks," Keith said, "And Alexandra Matthews, who is also taking over the business when Tom retires?"

"Well I didn't meet both of them till 10 minutes ago," Martin said, "Ace knew Max longer."

"Well I didn't know that Max was the Tom's niece," I said sheepishly and Lila smiled at me.

"Well Max aren't you and Alex quite beautiful," Lila said and I think I saw Max blush.

"Thank you Mrs. Giovanni," Max said.

"No, call me Lila and call him Keith," Lila said.

"Okay Lila," Alex said, "You have a great hotel."

"Thank you dear," Lila said, "I think these are the only decent girls that I have met from you two."

"That's offensive Mom," Martin said and I smacked him on his head.

"Get it together man," I chastised Martin and Max smiled to herself.

"Am I interrupting anything?" a man I believe to be Tom asked.

"Of course not Tom," Keith said.

"Good evening everyone," Tom said, "I am Tom Hanks, owner of Flex Fitness Gym and Max's uncle over there."

"Nice to meet you, I am Ace Swift, Martin's best friend," I said shaking his hand.

"Martin Giovanni," Martin said shaking Tom's hand.

"You didn't tell me how beautiful your niece was," Lila said and Tom chuckled.

"Well I don't think she likes it when I tell people that she is beautiful," Tom said and Max blushed beet red.

"Well I think that it is my time to leave," she said and walked to the door.

"Excuse me," I said following after her.

"You have great friends," she said staring at the night sky.

"Yeah, I am really lucky to have Martin as a friend," I said.

"Yeah," she said smiling at the sky.

"So do you have eyes on any guys?" I asked smiling.

"Um, no, definitely not Martin though, no offense to him," she said laughing.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Well I see him more as a goofy friend," she said, "Why are you even asking me this?"

"Just curious. You shouldn't be embarrassed about this because no one wouldn't like you."

"I don't know about that," she said and groaned, "Fine the guy I like is taken. And he is Alex's twin brother."

"Whoa? Twin?" I asked and she nodded.

"I have known him as long as I knew Alex," she said.

"Why do you like him?" I asked.

"Are you the police? Or the love police?" she asked and we both laughed.

"No I am just curious. I want to be a good listener to my friend," I said emphasizing the word 'friend' and she chuckled.

"Fine, well when we were younger, he used to stand up for me when Alex and I got bullied," she said.

"You were bullied?" I asked and she sighed.

"I used to dress in jeans and hoodies and I wore glasses," she said, "Now I only use them for homework or reading." She took out her phone and showed me a picture. Max was still beautiful; in the picture I could see that she was younger. She still looked the same except she didn't wear makeup and wore glasses.

"You still look pretty Max," I said, "Even with your glasses. Why did you change? Was it because you were bullied?"

"I changed because I wanted to Ace. I never lost the old me," she said, "I promise. It's not like I changed myself, all I did was put on a little makeup and got a new wardrobe."

"It was easy for you because you were still pretty, no one could see the real you," I said and she nodded.

"Thanks for listening Ace, it really means a lot," she said with a warm smile, "I am going to find Alex."

"Yeah, you go," I said and sighed.

************************************

I am back with an update two days in a row! So we reached out 800 reads goal and we are just a few away from reaching 50 votes! Come on guys, we can do this! Anyways, I am probably going to start giving you guys a question that I want you to answer in the comments. Last chapter was about the crossover and this chapter will actually be relevant to the chapter. Not all questions will be related to Endless Fighting. So.....

Vote

Comment: What do you think of Ace so far?

Share

Follow

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C