Chapter 12: No, Did You Just Notice That?*

Max's POV:

I can't believe that he had the nerve to say that to me. I was trying to help for god's sake and I don't even get a thank you. I get yelled at. Honestly, I thought he was this caring guy behind his rough exterior, but I was wrong. Usually guys like him would have rock exteriors and have precious gems inside, but he is different. I hopped onto my motorcycle and went to the place where I could let off some steam, the gym. I grabbed my bag and walked into the gym.

"Hey Max," Tanner said and I waved at him.

"Hey," I said dropping my bag on the floor.

"You don't seem like you're in a good mood," Tanner said and I rolled my eyes.

"No, did you just notice that?" I asked sarcastically.

"Jeez," Tanner said and I sighed.

"No it's not your fault, I just got snapped at for trying to help and now I want to let off some steam," I said and Tanner nodded.

"Well I should let you get to it then," Tanner said and I thanked him before going into my room.

"Hey little lady," a man that looked like he was in his twenties said.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing in a gym?" another guy asked.

"Trying to workout maybe?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I don't even think that you would be able to lift ten pounds," a guy said, "Do you want me to help you out? All you have to do is give me your number."

"Oh? Why don't we find out?" I asked dropping my bag on the floor. I took off my shirt revealing my sports bra. I walked over to one of the guys and grabbed him arm and flipped him onto the mat. He groaned in pain and I raised my eyebrow at the other guy.

"Do you want it to be your turn now?" I asked bitterly and the guy shook his head vigorously, "Now why don't you and your friend here leave this room and exercise somewhere else." The guy grabbed his friend to his feet and scurried out of the room. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Idiots," I cursed under my breath, "Weak my butt." I said then walked to my punching bag. In a matter of minutes, my boxing gloves were strapped to my hands and I started my boxing routine.

Vipers threatening the people I care about.

Punch.

People underestimating me

Punch.

Can't find out who is the boss of the Viper.

Kick.

Ace snapping at me

Kick.

The two obnoxious guys

Punch.

I soon had a thick layer of sweat on my forehead. I grabbed my water bottle and took a big gulp of it trying to catch my breath.

"You must be super mad huh?" Tanner asked while leaning in the doorway.

"I am also mad whenever someone sneaks up on me," I snapped at him.

"Okay, want to talk about it?" Tanner asked calmly while sitting on a nearby bench.

"I don't think so," I said, "I think it is better if I take out all the anger on this punching bag."

"Alright, but if you need someone to talk to, I am here okay?" Tanner asked and I nodded.

"Thanks Tanner," I said and he nodded. After another hour of training, I was finished.

"Max, good to see you here," Tom said.

"Hey Tom, what's up?" I asked.

"Do you mind working an afternoon for me?" Tom asked.

"When?" I asked wiping some sweat off of my forehead with a towel.

"In a couple days, I will tell you when," Tom said and I nodded.

"I don't mind," I said, "Since I might take over I sort of have to learn how to run a gym. Although, it shouldn't be too hard."

"Don't get your hopes up," Tom said, "Running a gym is harder than it looks."

"Okay, well I have a fight soon, so I should get going," I said walking to my car. I got inside and picked up Alex. I drove to our usual alley and changed into my Stone Fox attire. Then I walked to the Iron Fist building.

"Hey Ron," I said, "Check me in for a fight please."

"You are with the Black Cat today," Ron said snickering at the name.

"Girl or boy?" I asked.

"Boy," Ron said and I laughed.

"What guy wants to be called Black Cat?" I asked and Ron shrugged.

"I don't know maybe he likes cats and the color black. But hey some people are superstitious about black cats," Ron said.

"Well it's suspicious that he would even show up his face with the name Black Cat," I said and went to my side of the ring.

"Over here we have our undefeated champion Stone Fox!" the announcer boomed. I stepped into the ring and took a lap around the ring. There were many cheers and words of encouragement. I know, weird. Then I went back to my spot.

"Over here we have an amateur, Black Cat!" the announcer said and some people booed. I mentally laughed when some booed. I agree with you.

"You all know the rules, in order to win a fight you must knock the opponent unconscious or when somebody taps out alright?" the announcer asked and we both nodded.

"And FIGHT!" the announcer shouted while the bell rang. I threw the first punch right to his face and he fell to the ground.

"You should know your own level," I said to the boy, "Never start out too hard." The boy stood up and tried to punch me, but I easily blocked it and twisted his arm to his back. I then flipped him to the ground pinning him down. I saw blood come out of the boy's nose and I started to feel a little bit of sympathy. Emphasis on 'a little'. Soon he tapped out and I let go of my grip.

"And the winner of this match is the one and only Stone Fox!" the announcer yelled and Black Cat stood up and handed me an envelope.

**************************************

So what did you think of this chapter? Tell me in the comments. We are so close to the goal of 300 reads and 30 votes! Come on, we can do it! 

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C