Chapter 15: Your Son Is An Idiot*

"B-but what happened?" Toby asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I lost the glasses," I said in a 'duh' tone.

"What is like the big deal?" Ashley asked and I knew that she was trying to mask her attitude.

"Wow, your hot," Toby said and Cara glared at me.

"Um thanks?" I said unsurely. I didn't know if that was a compliment or insult.

"Come on you guys, this is the nerd that we are talking about," Daisy said gesturing to me.

"Hope you guys enjoy your breakfast," I said ducking away from them. I walked behind the counter and Rick saw my move.

"Sorry Max," Rick said sympathetically and I waved him off.

"It's okay. I was going to face them soon or later," I said reassuring him.

"Well let me just say that my son is an idiot for not standing up for you," Rick said and I laughed.

"You always seem to cheer me up," I said with a genuine smile and turned back to the table when I saw Daisy waving her hand at me.

"Looks like you are needed," Rick said and I groaned and walked over to the table with a smile.

"How may I help you?" I asked nicely.

"My water is iced and I didn't ask for iced," Daisy said and I mentally scoffed.

"You didn't mention that you wanted it without ice," I said and took a deep breath, "But I am happy to replace it for you." She smiled and all three of them dumped their water onto me and I slipped on an ice cube landing on my butt. Alex stood there wide-eyed and so did Rick.

"Did you seriously think that a makeover would get you boys?" Daisy asked while Ashley and Cara snickered.

"That wasn't the reason why I did," I muttered under my breath.

Then Ronnie and Toby jumped out of the booth and helped me up.

"Here let me help you," Ronnie said holding my back and helped my stand up while Toby held my hand.

"Hmph!" Daisy said with complete and utter disgust before dragging Caleb and storming off. Then Ashley and Cara took one last look at me before following Daisy.

"Thanks," I said sheepishly while rubbing my arm.

"That was not your fault," Ronnie said and I smiled at him.

"Well I can't say that it was not hers also," I said walking to get the mop and started to dry off the floor. Toby and Ronnie went back to their seats and started eating their food while Caleb's and the girls' foods were left uneaten. I mopped up the water before returning to serve other tables.

"That looked like it hurt," Alex said with sympathy and I shrugged.

"Yeah, at least it didn't get any of my clothes wet. I missed the puddle," I said with a light chuckle.

"Well I am totally getting back at them," Alex said holding her fist and I shook my head.

"I think we got back at them when Ronnie and Toby went to help me up," I said chuckling.

"My idiotic brother didn't help you up," Alex said bitterly.

"It's okay Alex," I said.

"Well Alex is right. My son is an idiot," Rick said and I laughed.

"I feel better just hearing that," I said and went to Ronnie's table.

"Can we have the check?" Toby asked and I nodded getting their check and giving it to them. Ronnie gave me a 100-dollar bill and I went to the cash register to get his change.