Chapter 13: $2,000, Definitely Raising The Stakes*

"I wasn't meant to fight, only to deliver the message," Black Cat said before limping down the stairs. I shoved the envelope in my pocket before walking down to the bathroom to clean up before my next fight. The next person I fought was also an amateur, Narwhals. I know...what a stupid name? I don't know why they are pairing me up with all the amateurs and dudes with dumb names. Let's just say that after three fights I won over 2,000 dollars. It was because everyone betted on me and I got all the money. After, I went to the bathroom and into the changing room to change into my normal clothes. Right after, I checked to make sure that no one saw me change and went outside to my car. Alex waved at me and I sat down into the passenger's seat.

"Wow 2,000 today, they are definitely raising the stakes," Alex said and I laughed.

"It was because nobody betted on Black Cat, Narwhals, and the other guy," I said.

"True, their names are the worst I have ever heard of," Alex said exhaustedly and I nodded.

"Yeah, definitely," I said and Alex pulled up in my driveway.

"Good job tonight," Alex said.

"Thanks Al," I said and Alex walked to her house while I walked to mine. Once I got into my room I opened up the letter that I received.

Dear Stone Fox,

You are a great fighter Stone Fox, but we are always watching. You should start looking behind your back more often because we are everywhere. We know that you are hiding your identity and we are seeking to find out who you really are. You could go through all this trouble or you can just come to our territory and join us. If you don't, these letters will keep on coming and trouble will just keep coming in your way.

Sincerely,

The Vipers

I fell onto my bed with the letter in my hand. Should I tell Tom and Alex about this or should I just ignore it? I didn't know because Alex would kill me if I didn't tell her and Tom would probably put more restrictions. I guess I will tell them tomorrow. I don't want to wake any of them up right now.

***

I put on my usual attire for work at the café, which was usually jeans with the Big Apple Café t-shirt and my leather jacket. Then I braided my hair into a side fishtail. I grabbed my boots and walked downstairs.

"Hey Max, do you want some breakfast?" Mom asked as she was preparing Macy's plate.

"Good morning Max! Is Alex coming over?" Macy asked and I nodded.

"Yep, there she is right now," I said as Alex entered through the door.

"Good morning Wendy, Max, and Macy," Alex said sitting on the counter.

"Do you want some breakfast Alex?" Mom asked.

"Yes please, I could smell that bacon from my house," Alex said and I rolled my eyes.

"How about you Max?" Mom asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I need all the fuel for work at the café today," I said and sat down. Mom put a plate for both of us, which consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, and a piece of toast.

"Thank you so much Wendy," Alex said spreading jam on her toast and she started eating.

"Thanks Mom," I said and started to eat, "Mom you should head to the hospital. I can clean up the kitchen before I head to work and Macy can come to work with me today. She can stay in Rick's office and play there."

"No it's fine dear, I can manage. I was actually thinking of taking Macy to my work, though I think she might like being in the café more than staying in a hospital," Mom said and I nodded.

"So where do you want to go Macy?" I asked.

"Will I get bored if I go to the café with you Max?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Rick has a TV in his office and I am pretty sure that he won't mind if you use it. Also she can always sit behind the counter and watch everyone work," Alex said before I could answer.

"Okay! I will go to the café with Max, Mom. Is that okay?" she asked.

"Of course that is," Mom said with a smile to Macy.

"Don't worry Mom, I can take care of the clean up. You should get to work," I said and Mom reluctantly agreed.

"Bye sweeties," she said grabbing her bag and going to her car. I finished eating and started to wash the dishes. Alex and Macy helped me out so we were done pretty quick. I got my bag and went outside to see my beautiful white Lamborghini. We all got in and I drove to the Big Apple Café!

**********************************

Hey guys! First of all, I know this chapter is a bit short, but I will be updating over the weekend since I have a three day weekend. Second, I told you guys that my goal was 300 reads and 30 votes and now we are up to 430 reads! That's crazy. I appreciate all of you reading my story! I hope we can meet the votes goal, but other than that, I am over the moon. You guys probably think I am very cheesy, but I never thought that I would get any reads when I posted Endless Fighting on Wattpad. It was just a story that I wrote on a Word document and left it there because I do like to write. Opening up Wattpad and seeing the increase in reads makes me really motivated to write and I hope those numbers keep on going up. So remember to.......

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Share

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C