Chapter 39: Close Heart Attacks*

"Welcome to the New York Bureau Agent Walter and Agent Evans, I am Detective Gerald Butler, the head of the bureau," Gerald said and led us to our safe house, "I have an empty safe house for you two to stay and you will be working with my main team."

"Thank you," I said.

"Well I will let you guys get settled and in half an hour, we will all meet in the main meeting room to discuss our plan," Gerald said before leaving the safe house. Safe houses are basically a couple of neighborhoods that belong to every FBI or CIA Bureau. Four agents will usually live in the safe house or be assigned to one unless they live in their own house.

"Man, this is an awesome safe house," John said while dropping his duffel bag onto the floor.

"Basically all safe houses looks the same," I said picking up his bag and putting it on the couch.

"Well like I said on the plane, I try to make the most of life," John said and I rolled my eyes.

"No agent has time to decorate their safe house because they usually have a house of their own," I said and dusted my hands on my black jeans.

***

"Hello everyone, I am Agent Maxine Evans and this is my partner Agent John Walter. If you didn't know, I am actually the daughter of the gang leader, Randall Evans. I joined the FBI when the Director recruited me because I didn't want to fall into my father's mistakes, but I wanted to be the one to correct them. All of you guys know about the Viper Gang and how dangerous they can be. Detective Butler all handpicked you guys because you have all dealt with the Viper Gang so you would know what they are capable of," I said concluding my introduction to a group of about ten agents, which are five pairs. We were up front with a screen behind us and to be honest, I felt so professional.

"The Director filled us in on what Detective Butler planned and we came up with a idea that Agent Evans should continue her street fighting and racing career as Stone Fox. We are hoping that we would capture the gang's interests if they see Stone Fox racing and fighting again," John said.

"How do you know that they will want Stone Fox to join them again? What if they think that it is a trap?" an agent asked.

"You have a great point there Agent, my dad is not an idiot. One thing that I know is that he doesn't know that I am part of the FBI. That is our advantage," I said confidently.

"How about you join the gang instead and try to get inside knowledge and we can use it to our advantage?" another agent suggested.

"That's a good idea agent," John said thinking, "But we have to think of a backstory to why Agent Evans would want to join the gang after years of her rejecting them. If she just magically appears and asks to join, they can get suspicious." Basically our whole entire meeting was trying to devise a plan. We all decided that I would continue street fighting and racing to spark the interest of the gang and if they asked me to join the gang, then I would join them.

***

"John it's twelve and I am starving!" I complained as we were on our way to my mom's house to surprise her. Apparently everyone, excluding Ace, were there celebrating the fact that Alex is moving into an apartment with Martin. They were going to finalize details after lunch and start moving boxes in tomorrow.

"Seriously Max, you need to chill, we are almost there," John said and I rolled my eyes. Whenever I came down to visit, John couldn't come so he is only familiar with Alex, Martin, and Tom. John parked in front of the house and we got out and went to the door. I pressed the doorbell only to be greeted by Martin.