Chapter 28: You Are Off The Player Charts*

Ace's POV:

"Hey man, I am going to take Max with me so take your car okay?" I told Martin while putting on my leather jacket.

"Yeah totally man," Martin said passing by me, "You really invited Max?"

"Well I want her to see my awesome skills," I said while cracking my knucles.

"And she is also going to see you lose to a girl," Martin said.

"She knows about Stone Fox," I said, "And besides Stone Fox is impossible to defeat."

"True that," Martin said and I nodded.

"Well let's get going. I said that I would be at Max's house by 8," I said and walked out the door. I went on my motorcycle and pulled out of the driveway. After passing a couple streets, I pulled up onto Max's driveway. Max walked out the door and waved.

"Hey stranger," she said smiling.

"Hey," I said, "Where's your super cool car?"

"Alex is borrowing it for something," she said and went onto her motorcycle, "So when is this race?"

"It starts at 8:30 and usually lasts max 10 minutes," I said and she cocked her head.

"Really? That is sort of short," she commented.

"Well the whole program runs longer, but I usually just stay for my race and go watch the street fighting," I said.

"Wow! You are a rebel, going to street races and street fights," she teased and I chuckled.

"Well are you ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said putting on her helmet.

"Follow me?" I asked and she agreed. I pulled out of the driveway and we were off. I parked in front of the Iron Fist and guided Max to the stands.

"So this is where the watchers stand," I told her and she nodded.

"I am not stupid Ace. I think I would be able to figure out where to stand," she said with her hands on her hips.

"Be careful alright and I will find you right after the race," I said and she nodded.

"Don't worry too much about me Ace. I can take care of myself," she said and hugged me, "Good luck Ace. Be careful out there." I hugged her back and took a deep breath before letting go.

"Thanks Max. I will see you after," I said and put on my helmet. I drove to the starting line and after a while Stone Fox pulled in.

"Alright racers take your positions! And," the announcer said before the gun was fired. I revved my engine and took off behind Stone Fox. The thing about her that made her fast was she was able to control her bike with her speed on max. I trailed behind her and the rest of the racers way behind me. I literally was able to touch the ground on the turns. Stone Fox also knew how to make sharp turns without falling. That is a true pro. I felt my jacket flying along the wind and felt the adrenaline rushing through me. Even though I couldn't beat Stone Fox, I still want to show Max that I was a good racer. Maybe I am not the best, but I am still a good racer. As I rounded the final corner of the track, I scanned the crowds for Max, but didn't see her. She probably was shielded by other people. The finish line came closer to me and I crossed it a second after Stone Fox. I saw Stone Fox rush out of the track right after receiving the prize money of a thousand dollars.

"And the winner is still the undefeated champion Stone Fox! And in second place we have our man, Shadow!" the announcer said and I pumped my fist into the air hearing the roar of the crowd. I searched around trying to look for Max again until I met a familiar pair of eyes. Max grinned at me and I drove my bike over there. I took off my helmet and saw that her cheeks were a little pink.