•9•

"Kelsey?" I heard someone mumble whilst shaking me from my sleep. My eyes felt pained as I opened them, groaning at the sunlight.

"Just let me sleep." I mumbled.

"Kelsey!! Get your ass up now!" The voice spoke much louder.

"Emma, what do you want?" I moaned and lifted myself up from my comfortable bed. My face felt tight from my crying last night, and everything seemed to come back to me.

Shawn was here last night... comforting me? He actually calmed me down. He was a little awkward at times, which I found funny. But he actually seemed... nice?

My eyes widened as I realised how it came to happen. I mentally smack myself for acting so childlike. I was sobbing like a baby! I'm surprised Shawn stayed with me. My face warmed with embarrassment.

"We need to get ready, breakfast is in like 10 minutes," Emma panicked, running to the bathroom with her toothbrush in hand.

I cringed thinking about last night. Imagine how awkward it will be seeing him again today...

------------

Once we had gotten ready and ate breakfast, we were gathered around Mrs. Grey, who was arranging the groups.

"Okay everyone! You will all be in groups of four. And no swapping groups!" She glared, and began to read out the names.

"Sam, Emma, Shawn and Kelsey. You guys will be group 7!" She called out. Handing us our sheet. Just my luck.

Why is it we are always with Shawn and Sam? It's like Miss wants to embarrass me without even knowing.

If this would've been a week ago, I probably would've been extremely annoyed about working with Shawn, but I saw a totally different side to him last night, which made me change my perspective on him.

I avoided Shawn's glance and looked at the floor, hoping he won't mention anything.

"Shall we get going?" Sam asked, as we all nodded in reply.

We began to walk along the hill top, following the directions from the map. Emma and Sam were leading the way, and I mentally begged Emma not to leave me with Shawn.

"How are you doing today?" Shawn's voice spooked me a little as I held my breath.

"I'm doing better, thanks," I answered flatly. I didn't mean to sound so flat, but I couldn't take it back now.

"That's good." I don't think he sensed my tone, which I was glad about.

Before I could stop myself, I asked the question that had been on my mind for too long. "Why did you help me last night?"

He paused, and let out a sigh. "You were upset, I couldn't just leave you."

It sounded like he cared. Probably just me being delusional. "Damn, so you do have a heart."

"Don't push it," He glared, making me laugh at him. Me and Shawn were now further back from Sam and Emma, so whatever we spoke about couldn't be heard.

"Thank you, for last night," I spoke seriously, looking his way to give him a smile.

He nodded. "No worries."

We walked in an awkward silence for a little bit, until he broke it with a cough. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

He looked deep in thought for a second, like he was thinking of what to say. "Would you maybe want to go out sometime?"

My eyes widened in shock, and I looked at him to see if he was joking, the look on his face shown he was serious, and my mouth hung open slightly.

"Why?" My tone seemed a little rude, but I was just in shock.

He shrugged. "You don't seem too much of a pain in the ass like I thought you were."

I glared up at him. "You sure know how to make me feel special."

He chuckled. "I'm kidding. I was just suggesting. We don't have to." He then began to doubt himself, looking down at the ground.

I tried to hide my smile behind my shirt, before answering. "I guess, I need someone else to piss off in my time."

He smiled, shaking his head at me. "I might need to watch out for you. You seem like trouble."

"I could say the same, Mendes." I smirked, speeding up my walk to catch up with the others.

Maybe he isn't so bad after all...

——————:///////