•28•

Shawn's delicate lips continued to press onto mine in gentle motions, his hands sliding up against my waist. I was leaning against the door of his car with him against me, and began kissing me caringly.

From when we first met, I wasn't even sure if he knew how to kiss a woman properly. He was always rough and demanding, whereas now he is more delicate, and kisses like he means it.

His other hand intertwined with mine and he lifted it up above my head, tilting his head to an angle to deepen the kiss. He had taken me out bowling and completely beaten my ass at the game, and we were now at the driveway of my house.

Throughout the entire date Jake's words kept replaying like a broken record in my head. I needed to say something.

He hummed in his mouth, removing his sweet lips from mine and kissing along my jaw longingly. I giggled at the feeling and untangled my hand from his and gently pushed him away.

"What?" He laughed, then adding. "Don't you like it?"

"It tickles," I complained, his smile widening at my complaining.

His eyes mysteriously twinkled, and suddenly his head darted back down to my neck, where he blew raspberries along the base of it.

My eyes widened as he did so, making me laugh like a mad woman. "Shawn, stop!"

My hands were prying at his chest to stop, and in some time he did with his chest roaring with laughter. His sparkling eyes met mine, which made him add onto his laughing fit.

"Glad you find it funny," I rolled my eyes playfully and pouted.

"Oh, I find it very funny," He chuckled, stepping away from me a little to create distance.

Once his laughter had died down, I looked down at my hands, knowing I needed to ask the question sometime soon.

His shoes came into my view as he took a step towards me, using his index finger to bring my head up. His eyes dazed into mine as he looked at me confused.

"You okay?" He asked simply, small creases forming on his forehead as he raised his brows.

I gulped before beginning my sentence. "Are you hiding anything from me?"

I knew I wasn't beating around the bush, it was better just to get the question out there. His eyes continued to bore into mine, as he took a while to reply.

"What makes you ask that?"

"Jake asked me if you had told me yet, but never told me what," My arms grew goosebumps as the bitter air swept against my bare skin.

In this very moment, I couldn't believe my eyes. Shawn's face almost instantly paled, looking kind of grey. His bottom lip began trembling, yet I didn't know weather that was the weather causing it.

His feet guided him back a few inches and his now cold hand fell from my face.

The look in his eyes were alarmed as if he had done something terrible; maybe even unforgivable. My face frowned, and I knew Jake was telling the truth. He was hiding something from me.

"Uh," He panicked, looking at every time on the floor; anywhere but at me. "I-I think we should go inside for this..."

"Shawn... tell me what's going on," I quivered and stayed put, my head growing with confusion and desperation to know what was happening.