•15•

Today was Monday. Which meant we had school. It also the day me and Shawn were going to go public with our relationship.

We had kept it on the low for different reasons and now decided to let everyone else know. What could be the worst that could happen? Apart from most girls in school jealous of who I'm dating.

"I'm a little nervous," blurted to Shawn, biting down on my nail. We had just arrived at school and we were sitting in his car in the parking lot.

"Kels, it's fine. They won't bother you, and if they do they'll have me to deal with, okay?" He spoke sternly, placing a hand on my knee.

"That sounds assuring," I said sarcastically before opening the car door and stepping out. Shawn copied my actions, jogging over to my side.

He took ahold of my hand, and gave it a squeeze of reassurance. I gulped and looked around, to see everybody's eyes on us, whispering to their friends and we'd only just arrived.

Can't imagine how it will be like later on in the day...

"Shawn, I'm not feeling too good, I-I think I'm gonna go home," I stuttered feeling my confidence sink down. I hated being centre of attention, and all of the stares was making my anxiety rise.

"Hey, remember what I said in the car. Just ignore them, they're only looking for something for something to gossip about. They'll get over it sooner or later." He said, taking ahold of both my hands and rubbing small circles onto the back of my hand.

"You're right." I sighed softly, holding my head up higher. "I can do this."

"That's the right attitude," He smiled, and placed a delicate kiss on my lips. I heard multiple gasps from other students, and more whispers.

He pulled away and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, glaring at all of the students surrounding us.

"What are you fucking looking at?" He snapped, causing all of the students to look away, scared. His harshness even had me flinching under his arm.

Blushing in complete embarrassment, I still couldn't get over the fact that we're dating. Now the school knew too...

We walked into the building towards the lockers, watching everybody's eyes wonder to us. I ignored the whispers and opened my locker.

"Are they dating? They won't last long." A girl next to us whispered to her friend, very loudly may I add.

"Yeah, as soon as he's done with her he will move onto the next," The other girl giggled.

I clenched my fists and squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to let there comments get to me. As mush as I didn't want it to hurt, it did. Why was I so sensitive sometimes?

"Don't listen to them, hun, They're just jealous." Shawn whispered in my ear, putting an arm around my waist.

"Yeah, I'm sure they are," I mumbled back, putting my head down. I heard him sigh and felt a finger lift my chin up. I made eye contact with him, and he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm okay, I promise." I spoke reassuringly. I grabbed my books from my locker and closed turned to face him.

He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the sound of the bell.

I smiled at him. "See you after class."

"See you then." He returned the smile, and kissed my forehead sweetly. He seemed a little sweeter than normal, so I'm guessing he was one who liked showing affection publicly.

Shawn slowly walked backwards, keeping his gaze on me until he bashed into another student.

"Watch where you're going," Shawn huffed towards the poor boy who looked scared for his life.

"S-sorry." The boy stuttered, and walked rather quickly away. I giggled at Shawn, and he narrowed his eyes at me for laughing.

-------------

The bell had just rang, meaning it was lunch time. Thank the lord maths was over.

"He was super sweet on the date, but he seemed really nervous the whole night." Emma spoke, whilst taking an empty seat on the table.

She was giving me details on the date she had with Sam, and she hasn't stopped smiling. I felt beams of her happiness radiate onto me, only adding onto my joy for her.

"Why would he be nervous?" I asked.

"Well, he did ask me to be his girlfriend," She said excitedly, her eyes brightening.

"Emma, this is amazing! What did you say?" I screeched, happy for my best friend.

"I turned him down..." she trailed off, glancing at my disappointed expression. She waited for a second, before speaking again.

"Of course I said yes you idiot!" She added, laughing afterwards.

"So, you finally have a boyfriend," I smirked. Deep inside I was happy for her, and she deserved a good guy.

"Yeah, and he makes me happy." She smiled, and stared off into another area of the cafeteria, in her day-dreaming land.

I groaned at her, before feeling the chair move next to me. I turned to my side, and Shawn and Sam were sitting on our table.

Sam sat opposite Emma, and winked. "Hey, you."

"Hey," She giggled, as he leant over the table and kissed her lips. She turned into a giggler with him around, it was kind of annoying but I understood why.

"That's something I'm not used to seeing," Shawn groaned, with a look of disgust on his face. He turned to me and greeted me, and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Hey babe."

"Hey," I smiled, and his lips made contact with my cheek. Babe? That one is new, but I kind of liked it.

I saw Sam glance at Shawn, and clear his throat awkwardly. He looked uncomfortable at the sight of me and Shawn together.

"Uh- anyway, you guys free tonight? Me and Emma are staying at my place, you in?" Sam asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"We'll come," Shawn nodded speaking for myself and him. I gave him a look to see him wink at me in reply. Though I didn't mind, I would have agreed anyway.

"No funny business though," Sam stated jokingly once swallowing the food in his mouth, glancing at me and Shawn.

"Same goes for you two," I spoke gesturing to Emma and Sam. Emma narrowed her eyes at me, and Sam just chuckled in reply.

------------------////

Heyy!! I haven't changed this chapter as much only a few bits here and there 😂
Do you guys like this so far?
Comment & vote!