•13•

It had been two weeks since me and Shawn shared our little moment, and a week since he asked me to be his girlfriend. The idea of it seemed crazy to me.

We hadn't known each other long, and the time we had known each other felt like a life time. Although I was weirded out to why he asked since I didn't think he actually liked me.

I was in shock as the question came out of his mouth, and I remember every detail like it had only just happened. The thought of being his girlfriend had excited me more than anything. I had grown deep feelings for him, and goodness knows how that happened.

We spent more and more time together and I took note of how different he really was to what I imagined. At first, I couldn't stand him. He was an asshole to everyone including me.

But as time went on, he grew to be someone else. It was like he was switching personalities with someone much nicer. He was still a bit of a jerk in front of his friends, which I couldn't understand why so i never questioned it.

Right now me and Emma were having some time to ourselves in her house. It had been a while, since I had been spending a lot of time with Shawn recently.

"What are you smiling about?" I narrowed my eyes towards Emma, watching her grin like a mad man.

"I might have a date with Sam tomorrow..." She trailed off, awkwardly playing with her hands.

"Damn, look at you," I smirked, knowing this was something she'd been wanting to happen for some time. I knew how much Emma liked Sam, even though she didn't show it very much. I could read her like a book.

Her cheeks flushed a crimson red colour from embarrassment. "Aww, Little Emma's blushing!" I spoke in a baby voice.

"Shut up!" Emma shouted, followed by a laugh. "Anyway, how's things going with Shawn?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Uh- We're kinda dating." I looked away, not baring to look at her reaction. Now I was the one to feel embarrassed.

"And you never told me?!" She scolded, with her mouth wide open in shock. I guess she didn't see that one coming.

"I'm sorry, it's just that we wanted to keep it on the low..." I gulped. I felt bad for not telling her, she is my best friend and we tell each other everything.

"I understand." She sighed softly. "But, if he makes you happy then I'm happy." She added with a smile.

A smile grew on my face at her words. I knew she couldn't be annoyed at me for long.

"Enough of boys, I wanna Starbucks. Coming?" Emma announced, standing up from my bed.

"Is that even a question? Of course." I laughed, and followed her out of my room.

------------------

It was now 11:00pm, and I had just put on my pj's, which was a white vest and some shorts. I sighed softly once my head hit the pillow, and I wrapped myself into my covers.

My phone suddenly buzzed indicating I had a text, and I groaned whilst picking it up. Shawn had messaged me.

Shawn: please let me in, my ass is freezing out here.

I scrunched up my face in confusion, and guided myself to the window. Shawn was indeed stood outside, wrapped in a leather jacket.

My eyes went wide and I opened my window, ready to ask why he was here.

"Finally." He groaned, and began to climb up to my window before I could even object. Groaning, I opened up my window fully so he could fit through.

"Shawn?! What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yelled, watching him climb into my room with a struggle. It felt like I was in a cliche movie or something.

"I was driving through the neighbourhood. Thought I should stop by," He shrugged, shivering slightly from the bitter air outside.

The breeze was giving me the shivers also, so I closed my window shut and looked up at him in confusion. "What happened to using the front door? That's what it's for."

He laughed. "I didn't know if your mum was here. Best to be safe than sorry."

"Whatever, moron. A warning would be nice in future," I rolled my eyes and sat back down onto my bed. For some reason, my heart fluttered knowing he'd came to see me.

"Where's the fun in that, hm?"

My eyes narrowed at him as he sat down on the bed next to me, a smirk evident on his face. What is it with this guy smirking?

"Don't you like surprises?" He laid himself down with his arms behind his head.

"Not if it's involving you," I joked, turning my head to look at him.

He faked a wince. "Harsh. I'm wounded."

His comment made me laugh and he glanced at me with a smile on his face. The light from my nightlight allowed me to see him and his features and right now he looked really relaxed.

He continued to stare without a word and I looked away, a sudden feeling of shyness washing over me. I couldn't stand it when he looked at me that way, it gave me the chills.

His soft voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Come here."

I closed my eyes and reopened them with a sigh, his voice tugging at my heart strings. It had only been a week since we first made things official, but he already had a great effect on me.

His arms were now in front of him welcomingly waiting for me to cuddle up to him. I smiled and laid myself next to his side, feeling his arms snake around me.

I had my head of his shoulder and my hand on his chest, his body heat instantly warming up my chilled skin. He flinched as he touched the skin on my arm and slowly began rubbing it gently.

"You're freezing," He said even softer than before, his chest vibrating as he spoke.

"It's like -4 degrees. What do you expect?" I glanced up at him, finding him already looking down at me.

"Good point," He grinned, his cheeks glowing in a cute way. His Adam's apple moved up and down as he gulped, and I felt his hand move from my arm and to my face.

His hand caressed my cheek and I gasped from how unbelievably warm it was. To my luck, his hand perfectly cupped my cheek like it was just the right fit.

"You're beautiful, Kelsey." He mumbled, his brown orbs glancing from my lips back up to meet my eyes.

I blinked, taken aback from his unexpected words. Was I dreaming?

"I could say the same." I spoke softly feeling a blush creep onto my face.

"You think I'm beautiful?" He smirked jokingly, leaning in a little. His breath lingered on my lips and I felt an urge to kiss him.

"Very." I whispered back and put my lips on his. He was taken aback slightly, obviously in shock that I made the first move, but then kissed me back sweetly.

For saying the time we'd spent together was only short, we had grown quite comfortable with each other that it was a shock.

----------------

New & improved chapter! 😉 what do you guys think to the new version?

Comment & fave for the next chapter!