•23•

Disclaimer: if you're a reader & like my work i have a new luke hemmings fanfic! Check it out if you want!
New chapter! Enjoy! ;)

Shawn's POV

I was sat beside Sam in his bedroom, playing a stupid video game he wanted to play. I wasn't even paying attention to the game, the nerves in my stomach turned and scratched at my insides which was a distraction. I still hadn't asked Sam to cancel the whole bet, which was what I was preparing myself to do now.

Apart of me told myself that he was my best friend and that he would be okay with it, and another part of me was saying that I was chickening out.

Now I've realised how much of a dick I was when I first accepted the bet. Back then I didn't care about anyone's feelings but myself. Kelsey was much more important than a stupid bet, and I was completely oblivious to not notice that sooner.

"Sam? Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked, lowering the remote control in my hands.

"You are now, aren't you?" He joked, not once taking his eyes off the screen of his television.

"No, seriously. I need to talk to you about something," I said, now looking at his concentrated face.

He huffed and pressed a button on the controller to pause the game. "This better be important, I never pause games for people,"

I rolled my eyes, and took a deep breathe. I wanted to be straight forward and ask, no hesitation. Once I say this, it's gonna be out there. No turning back.

"I want to cancel the bet."

Silence was all that was heard. You could even hear a pin drop. His facial expression changed from concentrated to confused in the matter of seconds. I gulped, beginning to think this was a mistake.

"Can I ask why?" He raised a brow. Now this was the question I was trying to avoid.

I huffed. "Well if you must know, I've grown to like her. I like her a lot actually. The money isn't worth hurting her. This was a mistake," I rested my head in my hands.

I heard him sigh, before speaking. "You know, I've been wondering when I would here you say that. I know you like her,"

Quickly, my head shot up to his direction. "What. How?"

"It's pretty obvious, Shawn. I've seen the way you look at her, so has Emma," He chuckled.

"Emma knows about the bet?" I panicked. Emma is her best friend. If she knew, She would tell Kelsey in an instinct. I couldn't let her know, it would crush her.

"What? Of course she doesn't. She would hate me if she knew," He sighed, rubbing the side of his face with his hand.

"And Kelsey would hate me. So can we please cancel this whole thing and continue with our lives? They will never know about it," I offered.

"Yeah, sure," He nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry for ever making the bet. She's a nice girl and it was stupid of me to put you under that kind of pressure,"

"Yeah, I know. But if you never did, I never would've got the chance to meet her. She makes me happy," I confessed, feeling light headed just by mentioning her.

"I'm glad she makes you happy," He smiled, giving me a small nod.

"Thanks bro," I returned the smile. I should've know he would've accepted my decision.

"I've had enough drama with girls and bets," Sam chuckled, and picked up his remote that was sitting on his bed.

Just as he was about to press the un-pause button, the sudden sound of a door swinging open caught our attention; Sam's door. And of course to my surprise, there stood Jake, With an angry look on his face.

"So, what's this talk about your girl and a bet?" He asked sarcastically, with his arms crossed against his chest.

Well, We're fucked.

---------------------

Hey! Sorry if this is short :(

Vote & Comment!