•14•

Shawn's POV

Sam and I were currently playing basketball on his backyard, catching up on stuff. We hadn't really been talking a lot the past few days, I've been spending all of my time with Kelsey.

We had gotten to know each other on another level, it's like we'd known each other for years. It was crazy.

I don't even think about the stupid bet anymore around her. It's like it's completely washed from my brain. I don't know how she does it, but she makes me feel something else, and no other girl has ever made me feel that way. And if I'm being honest, I like her.

I know, I'm an idiot. I shouldn't like her, she's only a bet. But I can't help it, I can't do anything to stop the way I feel about her.

She's constantly on my mind, I don't even concentrate on any other girls anymore, nor have I seen another girl whilst being with Kelsey.

I've tried everything to get her off of my mind. I felt guilty for getting this far into the Bet without doing anything. She is such an amazing and kind person and she doesn't deserve what I'm doing to her.

But I couldn't be feeling bad, I'm supposed to not care for her, but I can't help but feel soft when she's around. Ugh, what is she doing to me?

I just hope I don't end up falling for her for her sake and mine. Even if I did cancel the Bet, I still made a deal to even go through with it.

"Your dating her now, right?" Sam asked, snapping me from my deep thoughts. He threw the ball over to me, and I gripped it with both of my hands.

"Yeah, we are." I answered plainly, throwing the ball into the loop, the circular object sliding straight through the ring.

"Good, you still have a few weeks to put up with it though," He chuckled, fetching the ball that had rolled away.

"It won't be that hard." I shrugged as Sam came back with the ball, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"Oh no..." he paused. "Please don't tell me you actually like her?"

"What? Hell no!" I spat, growing angry at him. Even though I did, I couldn't give him the pleasure of knowing he won.

"If you do, I would rather you tell me." He sighed and threw the ball, aiming for the hoop, but it missed.

I clenched my jaw and kept quiet. I wasn't going to tell him, if it's the last thing I do.

"Do you think I've got a chance with Emma?" Sam blurted, after a few minutes of silence. I was relieved he dropped the subject, but also shocked to hear that he might actually like a girl.

I paused, turning my full attention to him. "Of course, dude. It's obvious she has a crush on you."

"You think?" He asked, adding on. "Because I really, really like her..."

"Then ask her out." I laughed, gripping onto my bottle of water, taking large chugs of the cold liquid.

"I think I will." He nodded confidently, taking a seat on the bench next to me. If Sam gets to date Emma, then how come he doesn't want me falling for Kelsey? Sounds hypocritical really.

I don't think she would ever want to speak to me again though once she finds out that our relationship was just a lie.

------------------

A/N
New and improved chapter!
Comment & vote my loves! Don't be a ghostie😉