•17•

"Shawn? Where are we?" I asked curiously, followed closely behind Shawn. We had just left Sam's house, thank god, and Shawn suggested we went somewhere nice and quiet, which was fine by me.

Darkness surrounded us, and I could see a light silhouette of a building. "It's safe here, don't worry," he mumbled, taking a hold of my hand.

We had almost dried now from when we were in the pool, so the cold temperature wasn't bothering me so much.

"How do I know if I can trust you?" I joked, him replying with a laugh.

I breathed loudly once we had came closer to the building, and by the looks of it it was abandoned. The walls had been chipped, and there was spray painted walls where people had wrote there initials.

"Just up here," Shawn directed up to the little stairs to go to the top level. I nodded and followed him, watching him walk up the stairs effortlessly. Once he had gotten put there, he helped me up, by taking my hand.

Shawn had a big smile on his face as he stared at something ahead of him. I looked in the same direction, and gasped loudly. It was the beautiful golden sun set, with slight ridges of pink and orange colours flowing through it.

"It's beautiful," I whispered, astonished by the sight in front of me.

"I know," Shawn replied whilst smiling at the view in front of him.

"How did you find this place?" I spoke, breaking the new forming silence.

"I like finding new places, so I come out a lot to different parts of town, and one day I came across this building," He explained, leaning up against the small wall that was at the top of the building, stopping him from being able to fall.

That was something I didn't know about him before. I had nothing to reply with, I was completely mesmerised by the view. Of course I'd seen the sunset before, but not from this type of height; it was something new. And I loved it.

"I wonder how Emma and Sam are, they're probably missing us," He smirked jokingly, breaking me out of my transe.

I rolled my eyes. "They won't even notice our absence. I don't even want to imagine what they're doing,"

I crunched my face in disgust, and he raised his brows. "It's normal for a couple to have..."

I cut him off. "I know that, you idiot. It's just- I can never imagine her going through with it. She's my best friend."

I sighed and looked down. Sex wasn't something that made me cringe in a childish way or anything like that. But Emma wasn't someone I ever imagined having sex. It's weird enough thinking about it.

On top of that, I would've thought I might've lost my virginity before her. I guess tonight she proved me wrong. Though I wasn't planning on telling Shawn about the fact I was a virgin.

Shawn's eyes went wide, and his head turned to look at me. "Emma was a virgin?"

I crunched my face in confusion. "What's wrong with that?"

He took this as my answer, and he looked a little shocked. "N-nothing. Just, not what I was expecting."

His reply made a new fire ignite in my stomach. "Then what were you expecting?" I crossed my arms across my chest, my face serious.