•10•

The rest of the trip went by very quickly, thank goodness. We spent the rest of our time with Sam and Shawn, which was kind of strange.

Me and Shawn had learned a lot about each other, we had similar tastes in music which came to a shock.

Today I had made plans to go out with shawn to watch a movie. I don't know how I got roped into it, but I did. I had nothing better to do, so I agreed to his offer and was now sitting in his car with him.

The radio had John Mayer quietly playing in the background, and I reached over to turn up the volume a little. I tapped my fingers to the beat of the song out of boredom.

He glanced over at my hands and smirked. "I see you like John too."

"Who doesn't? His music is great," I stated with a shrug.

He nodded. "True."

"Who else is coming?" I asked, unsure if anyone else was joining.

He rests one arm on his steering wheel and the other on the gear stick, his eyes meeting mine for a split second before returning to the road. "It's just us two."

For some reason, my body had shivers running down to my feet at the thought of it. It made me nervous. Most of the time I had spent with him was with Emma and Sam, so I didn't know how to react.

"Why just us? Can't we invite Emma and Sam?" My voice was calm, but I was panicking inside.

He chuckled a little. "Why do you want them here? They're probably together now anyways."

"I don't know, it's better when they're here," I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what else to reply with.

He let in a sudden harsh breath, scaring the living shit out of me. "Damn, Kelsey. That hurt. I thought we were friends!"

I rolled my eyes playfully, but then turned serious for a second. Something churned in my stomach at his words. I had a gut feeling he wanted something else. What would he want to be friends with someone like me?

"But are we really friends?" I questioned, curiosity getting the best of me.

We had stopped at a red light, and his face scrunched in confusion as he turned to look at me.

He gave me a small smile. "What else would you call this?" He gestured between us.

I gulped, turning my gaze away. "I don't know what your intentions are."

When I didn't hear a reply, I looked back up to see him still staring. I blinked, seeing a glint of something unusual in his orbs.

His jaw clenched and unclenched, covering up whatever he was feeling with a fake smile. "You worry too much."

With that, the light turned green and he began driving. I wonder what brought up that kind of reaction, and I got a feeling he was hiding something.

———————-

As the movie came to an end, I pouted and sighed, feeling sad. We had just watched 'Incredibles 2' and I never wanted to see the end of it.

"That was amazing!" I stated excitedly, earning a few dirty glances from the parents of children. I just ignored it like usual. Do people understand you can still be older and have fun?

Shawn looked over at me and laughed. "You're such a child."

I looked at him offended. "What's wrong with that?"

He raised his brows in defence. "Hey! I didn't say there was anything wrong with it."

I narrowed my eyes playfully. "Good answer."