•21•

Hey! I'm so so so sorry I haven't been updating for a while, I'm trying to improve I promise! And for a way to make up for it, I wrote this chapter a little longer than the rest of my chapters!

----------------///

Kelsey's POV

"Sam? Emma?" I shouted whilst walking into Sam's large house, my voice echoing along the long, narrow corridors.

Not long ago I texted Emma asking where she was, and she told me to meet her at Sam's house. But I think I was lost, his house is too big for a person not to get lost in.

I called Emma's name again, and luckily I got a reply this time; but it wasn't a feminine voice. The voice was much more heavy and deep.
"Who are you?"

I shrieked and jumped around in the direction of the voice, to meet a tall, handsome guy standing at the bottom of the stair case. He had dark brown hair pushed back, eyes that were a cloudy blue colour. I'd never seen him before, but he looked very similar to Sam. They must be related.

"Who are you?" I questioned, genuinely confused.

"I asked you first?"He removed himself from the wall to take a step closer to me. His closeness was beginning to make me uncomfortable, and he took note of that, shuffling backwards to give us room. "Sorry. It's just- You're the first hot chick I've seen in months,"

Despite his bluntness, his words made heat rush to my cheeks instantly. I couldn't help but wonder what he meant. Does he hibernate away from all humans or something?

"What do you mean?"

"They usually don't have as much women at military camp, so it's nice to see something different," He shrugged.

To be honest, I wasn't surprised at the fact he's in the military. He had huge muscles which are about the size of my head, and his face is very stern; but attractive.

"As nice as it would be to learn about your life, don't you think I should know who you are first?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

He smirked. "You're quite a funny girl, aren't you?"

Ha, like I haven't heard that before.

"That doesn't answer my question," I scoffed in an un-lady like manor.

"Jake, Jake Rider," He finally answered with his hand out for me to shake. Jake Rider, Sam Rider; They're definitely related.

"Kelsey, Kelsey May," I mocked him whilst placing my hand against his to shake.

Jake caught up on the fact I was mocking him, and he rolled his eyes playfully. "I like you, you're not that bad."

"Tell me something I don't know," I joked, causing him to chuckle. My hand was still unable to move as he hadn't released it yet, which made me grow confused. Once he noticed where I was looking, he cleared his throat and let go of my hand quickly.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just that you're the first girl I've touched in a while," He laughed nervously, but his eyes grew wide one he realised how wrong it sounded. "Oh god-not in that way! I meant..."

"Hey, its okay. I understand," I giggled to reassure him. I found it cute at how he still got nervous, even with a stern looking face. He looked so scary but yet adorable.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you here? Just incase you're planning on robbing the place," He laughed.

"I came to see Sam. Well, I came to see my best friend, Emma," I explained. I watched his face come to the realisation, his expression dropping instantly.