Chapter 1

*Note editors needed- just comment on a part if you see a mistake, your help would be greatly appreciated :) (of course this is optional)*

Warnings: None

      ~Vikk's P.O.V.~

      What's my name again? Nick? No that doesn't sound right... Um... Oh that's right, Vikk. My name is Vikk.

"Vikk..." I breath, gazing at my surroundings.

Tall dark spruce trees span for as far as the eye can see, their dark looming figures reaching high into the sky. Here and there a pine tree is growing as well, although I can't determine how often since I can barley see twenty feet in front of me. A damp heavy fog is hanging over the landscape I'm currently placed in, and it's thick too. The forest casts spooky shadows, my only light source a torch, flickering silently.

I gulp, taking a cautious step forward. At every sound from a distant spider, zombie, or any mob for that matter I find myself nearly jumping out of my skin. I notice I have a single stone sword stashed away in my inventory accompanied by a few slices of raw fish. Yet again the groan of a zombie rings through the night and I shiver, my skin crawling.

"Where am I?" I question to the air, stopping my walking to temporarily glance around. "Or I guess a better question is..." I continue, "How did I even get here?"

I stop and try to recall anything that's happened. But I can't remember anything. Well besides my name that is.

Well I had to get here somehow... But why can't I remember anything? I don't think I have Alzheimer's but then again I could just be forgetting. Speaking of which I feel like I should be remembering something... But what? I squeeze my eyes in concentration, trying to think of what my conscious is trying to tell me. But when I come up with nothing I growl in frustration, kicking at a stone on the ground. Although I guess I do have one thing running for me... I note turning to my left. I don't know why but I feel like I should go that way...

And so following my instincts I continue on through the damp forest, my eyes darting about to make sure nothing is gonna pop out at me. And I keep walking, not pausing once until finally the fog begins to lift and the sky begins to brighten. My legs sore from walking all night, running when needed, leads me to finally give them a break. I pick the nearest tree and slump down against it, setting my now almost burnt out torch to the side.

"Okay Vikk think... Obviously I've somehow lost my memory. I know that much. So I'll have to figure that out later... I guess priority right now if finding food and some sign of civilization. But primarily food and basic tools."

Standing back up I turn towards the tree I was leaning on and punch forward, my fist firmly striking the rough bark. Surprisingly it doesn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. Although the bark is a bit scratchy, it's certainly bearable. Soon enough I've broken down the entire tree, leaving me with six blocks of spruce logs. After turning them all into planks, and then a crafting table, I proceed to make a wooden pickaxe and axe. Then stepping up to another tree, I pop out my flimsy wooden axe. Swinging it harshly, it takes me half the time to cut down the next tree, and this time no pain included. Although after a fourth tree the axe snaps into multiple pieces and I don't bother picking them up. Instead I abandon the shards of what used to be an axe and return to my crafting table, making a few new ones.

Once I've acquired enough wood to make a basic shack I pull out my pickaxe, scooping away dirt with a shovel before striking into the stone hidden beneath. And once again I gather large amounts of cobblestone blocks, using them to make a fresh set of stone tools and a couple furnaces. Strolling back to my crafting table I use my new stone axe to break it, storing it away in my inventory for later use.

"Alright... Now I need some food..." I state, drawing my original stone sword.

The raw fish did not last very long during the night, and not to mention it tastes absolutely horrible. Like I almost threw up. But it's all I had at that moment and now I'm left with nothing, bound to starve to death if I don't find anything to eat.

Then my silent wish is answered when I hear the bleat of a sheep nearby. Perking up I sneak around a few trees to come into the presence of three snow-white sheep. They are grazing calmly, and one acknowledges my presence by baahing at me but doesn't take me as a threat. Wrong choice sheepy.

In a blur I've advanced upon the sheep, plunging my sword through its neck and causing it to momentarily flash red before dashing around wildly. I stab it again, and this time it vanishes in a puff of smoke, a section of mutton and a block of wool left behind. I greedily gather the items up before approaching the next two sheep, making quick work of them too. When the last sheep disappears I do end up feeling guilty. I mean, what did the sheep ever do to me? But it's for the greater good I guess... I try to convince myself, placing down a furnace. Chucking the meat in, along with a few pieces of wood, I wait patiently for the mutton to cook before re claiming the furnace and chomping down on a crispy slice of meat. And finally stashing the remaining two prices of cooked meat away for emergencies I continue on. To where? I don't know. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

~~~

With the sun about to set I decide it's about time to set up a temporary shelter. The day proved mostly uneventful, although I did manage to locate a few more sheep and a couple chickens. Strolling into a small clearing I take out my bundles of wood, beginning to place them down to build the outline for my temporary house. I only end up making it 4 x 4, the walls rising up two blocks before I place down a roof. Then crafting a bed and a door I fill in the remaining hole in my wall, waking inside and setting down my bed. But before I dive into the warmth of my covers I make a couple torches, placing two outside my door to fend off the creatures of the night and two inside my room to light up the area.

Pulling back the covers I snuggle into the warmth of the blanket, shutting my eyes and leaving myself to my thoughts. My conscious is telling me to keep going... So I guess I will in the morning since it's my only real option at the moment. Although I just can't shake this feeling that I'm supposed to be looking for something... Or is it someone? Argh. Why did this happen to me... Oh well... I'll figure this all out in the morning. ... Hopefully. Who knows? Maybe this is just a bad dream...

I frown, pulling the covers up to chin and attempting to fall asleep, regardless of the calls from the mobs outside. I'm nearly half asleep when...

BOOM.

~~~