Chapter 28

Warnings: None

     ~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

     Our heads snap towards the cracking wall, and we all draw our respective weapons, along with equipping our beaten up armour. Rob and I lash out our dual swords, Jerome whips out his prized diamond axe called 'Betty', Vikk draws his sword and uses his endersoul hand to levitate a stone block, and Mitch although in no condition to move, loads up his bow and aims it towards the cobblestone block.

     But the very moment the block shatters, and only a second before we rush forward to attack, Rob lashes out his arms.

     "HOLD YOUR FIRE!"

     And before any of us can question him, an all too familiar glowing head is poking through the hole.

     "Preston!" We yell in unison, our weapons disappearing in an instant.
     "That's my name." He smiles, breaking the block underneath him and strolling inside the cave.
     "We thought you'd never make it!" I exclaim, the six of us joining in a group hug.
     "Correction, you didn't think he'd make it." Rob says.
     "That's a lie and you know it. You guys just wouldn't admit it." I counter, sticking out my tongue.
     "None of that matters now, what does matter is that Preston found us safely. And now we need to tell him our plan." Vikk states, Jerome, Mitch, Rob, and I nodding firmly in agreement.
     "What is this plan in which you speak of?"
     "I'll tell him." Jerome offers, "Okay, so. *insert plan here*"

After Jerome finishes explaining the plan to Preston, the cave is filled with silence. And then, Preston starts to chuckle.

"Haha very funny Jerome. Now are you gonna tell me the real plan or not?"
Jerome stares blankly back at him and blinks, "That is the real plan Preston."
Preston's smile instantly fades. "Seriously?"
"Yep." Mitch confirms.
"So you guys want me, a human, creeper, lava hybrid, to fight and defeat four mutant snowgolems myself?"
"Pretty much." Vikk says, nodding.
"You guys are insane! It was risky enough for me to even come out here, never mind fighting mutants!"
"Yes Preston, we know it's a risky plan." Rob continues, "But we though if you heated up enough, the snow will instantly evaporate before you even get close to it. And because the snow golems only attacks are throwing ice blocks and present at us, you'll only have to dodge present seeing as the ice would probably melt too. Then all you've got to do is pretty much walk up to them and boom, their dead."
"... Yeah okay there's some logic behind that. But there's four of them, and only one of me."
"Jerome, Vikk, and I will cover you with our bows and try to distract them. And then Lachlan and Rob can protect us by using their swords to knock down the mutants blocks." Mitch states, as if he had planned that idea ages ago.
"Speaking of mutants..." I trail on warily, "Shouldn't they be ambushing us right now? Because last time I checked they were waiting outside to kill us."

     Ever so slowly do we turn towards the cobble stone wall, freezing in place as we watch two snowy arms grab at the edges of the gap where Preston entered. And then, the entire wall smashes. All of us jump away from the exposed entrance, the four mutant snow golems bursting in.

"NEW PLAN! PROVOKE AND EVADE, MAKE AN OPENING FOR PRESTON!" Mitch hollers, shooting an arrow into one of the snow golems who is approaching Preston.

The five of us split ourselves equally to distract the mutants. Mitch takes on a mutant by himself, firing an arrow at the golem and then using the terrain of the cave to his advantage, ducking behind ledges and dodging the projectiles. Jerome and Rob work together basically playing ping pong with the mutant. As the mutant will approach Jerome, Rob will run up behind it and hack into it with his dual swords, and then when the golem turns on Rob, Jerome will shoot it form behind and draw its attention back to him. And then Vikk and I have our own technique. Vikk will smack the snow golem and repeatedly telelport out of the way before it can hit him. And then when Vikk needs a couple seconds to rest from the constant teleporting, I'll strike at the mutant and keep dodging the projectiles until Vikk is ready again. This leaves one snow golem for Preston to take down.