Chapter 29

Warnings: Minor language in video

     ~3rd P.O.V. (As seen from ?????????)~

"Well guys, tomorrow's the big day. So that means today we've got to get ready to go." Lachlan declares to his five friends, all seated in the main room of their large home.
"Start getting ready? I'm already done." Jerome states proudly.
"Same here Biggums." Mitch adds into Jerome's statement.
"Okay... Then the four of us will get ready." Lachlan corrects himself, motioning to himself, Vikk, Preston, and Rob.
"Nah we're done too Lachlan." Rob affirms. "And I'm pretty sure the same goes for Vikk."
"Vikk is that true?"

Vikk just shrugs and nods.

"... Then I'll get ready."

Lachlan turns to leave and gather the essential materials, but then Preston starts giggling.

"What's so funny?" Lachlan questions, his confusion deepening as the rest of them join in the giggles.
"Lachlan do we look ready to you?" Vikk snickers, "Your so gullible it's actually ridiculous. We haven't begun packing either."

And to that the five of them break into laughter while Lachlan stands there gawking with slightly flushed cheeks.

"Oi fish fish fish! You guys are such jags!" Lachlan snaps in a joking manner.
     "But it was worth it! I mean... Did you see the look on your face?" Mitch manages through giggles, setting off another round of laughter.
     "... Yeah, okay... You see Mitch, see the thing about that is that..." Lachlan trails on, rummaging sneakily through his inventory. "You just can't."

     Mitch's eyes widen and lock onto the bucket of water gripped in Lachlan's hand.

     "OH GOD NNONONONONO LACHLAN I DIDN'T MEAN IT! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! IT WAS A JOKE, I MADE A JOKE!" he screeches, Lachlan smirking and dashing after him. "I MADE A JOKE LACHLAN IM SORYYYY!"

     As Mitch cuts around the corner, Lachlan hot in pursuit, his frantic pleas ring throughout the house. The others just watch on and laugh.

Anyone get the reference? I'll add in a video along with the picture at the top, just swipe left over the picture (it's starts at 0:40)

~~~

A few hours later and the pack was almost ready to go. After Mitch had finally escaped Lachlan, and everyone had finished laughing their heads off, the six split up to gather supplies. Of course, they could have always just brought their own items, but the rest of the village had insisted that they supply them with anything they could need.

Jerome's job was gathering enough food to last at least a month. Taylor (Antvenom) had already gathered enough cooked steak to feed the entire village for a good week. Jerome assured Taylor that they wouldn't need that much, but it was a nice jester anyways. He ended up only taking one third of what Taylor collected, and then went to Ian (Ssundee) to collect starchy foods such as bread, potatoes, and even a cake. Finally Jerome stopped by Quentins (HuskyMudkipz) house. Quentin, along with everyone else in the village, new Jerome preferred raw meat. Specifically, raw fish. So Quentin took it upon himself to catch fish just for Jerome.

Mitch was in charge of getting any weapons they might need. Of course they all wanted to bring their own, but as to not hurt anyone's feelings, the pack had agreed to let the village supply them with weapons. Pat (PopularMMOs) gave Mitch a ton of swords, along with a few axes he had crafted himself. And Ty (Deadlox) put together a decent amount of bows to take with them.