Chapter 34

Warnings: None

~3rd P.O.V. (As seen from ?????????)~

"Bye guys!"
"Be safe! Don't fall into a mineshaft or anything!'
"Have fun!"
"Good luck!"

As the village all gathered near the entrance to see Rob, Preston, Lachlan, Vikk, Jerome, and Mitch off, the air was filled with goodbyes, cautions, wishes for luck, and the like. The six jump into their horses, settling into the saddles and preparing for a long journey. Jerome yells his farewell and waves, starting forwards. Mitch, Rob, and Preston follow soon after. Lachlan starts a few seconds later. And finally, before Vikk leaves to catch up with everyone else, he turns back towards the village.

"We should be back in a couple weeks, goodbye everyone!"
"C'mon Vikk!" Lachlan calls over his shoulder.
"Coming!"

~~~

     While still thundering along on his horse Jerome, who's leading the way, throws an eye of ender into into the air. The glowing blue and green eye floats high into the air, dropping with a puff of purple particles back into Jerome's hand.

     "We've gotta travel through a spruce forest, let's dismount." He declares, leading his steed into an abrupt stop.

     The six of them have been traveling for almost six days now, and they wondered when they'd find the stronghold. Hopefully soon. The remaining five skid to a halt beside Jerome, all of them skidding off their horses and attaching a lead to it. The sun was just passing its peak, every so slowly starting to dip. Off in the distance low clouds tumbled in their direction, telling them that fog would roll over the area tonight.

     But as they progressed further into the heart of the forest, as the sun dipped lower and lower and the forest was shrouded in shadows, something seemed to put them at ill ease. Something seemed... Off, but one of them could put their finger on it. Jerome, although normally seen as fearless, had even dropped back a few paces, leaving Vikk in front of the group. The air was eerily silent, not the rustle of leaves or the sight of a single animal dared disturb the silence. Even the horses seemed restless, enough so that they had strangely freaked out and bolted off into the trees, leaving the pack stranded. Vikk nearly fainted when he thought he saw a shadow dart past some trees.

     Vikk shivered uncomfortably, deciding that the odd sense was too much to bare. Maybe we should just build a shelter for tonight, after all it's almost dark anyways. He reasoned with himself.

    "Guys my gut is telling me we should stop. Let's just... Stop for tonight yeah?" Vikk stammers, turning to face everyone else.

     Instantly he knew something was wrong. Something- no someone was missing. With a jolt he realized who it was, and he opened his mouth to speak but Rob beat him to it.

     "Guys... Has anyone seen Jerome?"

     The five frantically look around, but not seeing Jerome anywhere. Last time any of them checked he was walking behind everyone. Mitch's face pales.

     "He was just next to me a second ago..." He states feebly, the remainder of us looking towards him.
     "JEROME?! JEROME CAN YOU HEAR ME? YELL 'I EAT RAW FISH' IF YOU CAN HEAR ME." Preston calls, but only silence answered him.
     "I'm gonna be sick dude..." Rob groans, grimacing.