Chapter 25

Warnings: None

     ~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

"Now Preston, don't do anything stupid, alright?" I insure for the millionth time.
"For the last time Lachlan, I'm going to stay with the horses until you guys come back. Besides," Preston continues, hopping off of Obsidian, "I'm safer out here anyways."

As the five of us prepare to leave Preston, he gives each us a tight hug. After all, it might be the last time he sees one of us, if not everyone. I'm listening to the sound of winter right now and as I wrote the last sentence the song made me imagine some sort of really dramatic thing involving Preston being separated and maybe something bad happening. I'll put it up above if you wanna hear it. (I was at 0:36 - 1:21 if u wanna hear what I heard at that moment) Also you should read the lyrics they're pretty cool XD ANYWAYS BACK TO THE STORY.

"If we're not back by tomorrow night... Then somethings wrong." Vikk relays to Preston.
     "I mean if that happens then I don't know what you'd do... Being lava and all. But you never know, right?" Jerome adds in.
     "Alright then, we're off I guess. You take care of yourself okay?" Rob reminds him warily, "Make a shelter in case it starts raining again... Oh and don't forget to feed the horses! And don't go wandering off! Also make sure to-"
     "Yeah, yeah, now hurry up! You're wasting time!" Preston interrupts, ushering us forward.

     We all give a quick wave before stepping into the snowy biome. My breath hitches at the sudden drop in temperature, and I can already tell hypothermia is going to be a huge risk here. Blinding white snow covers the entire landscape of relatively flat ground, rising up a few inches on everything.

     "So which way Lachlan?" Jerome inquires, seemingly unaffected by the cold weather.

     Probably cuz of his fur. I decide, also silently noting Rob and Mitch don't seem to be largely affected either. Vikk on the other hand is already shaking. Which is why t-shirts and snow aren't a good match.

     "Straight ahead." I report, my breath becoming visible in a puff of mist.

     Turning on my heels I start forward, the snow crunching under my feet as I lead us towards... I don't really know where. But it's somewhere.

~~~

     "L-Lachlan can we take a break? I feel like my arms are go-gonna freeze off." Vikk chatters, rubbing his arms swiftly.

     At this point we've been walking for almost two hours.

     "Sure but we're super close now... I can feel it." I point out.
     "How close?"
     "Like maybe one or two minutes. Can you hold out that long?"
     "A good fight will probably warm you up." Mitch jokes, even though it's kinda true.
     "... Yeah okay let's keep going."

     I start my trudge through the snow again, once again randomly noticing the condition of everyone else. I'm really starting to feel the cold now, and my nose is runny and frozen. I've even tossed up my hood to protect my ears from freezing off. Mitch and Rob have their hoods up too, and they look a little cold, but otherwise fine. Vikk obviously is about to be come a Vikksicle, and Jerome... Once again seems totally content. How I'd love to have thick fur right now.

     And then a little idea pops in my head to lighten up the mood. Spinning around I grin and catch everyone else's eye.