Chapter 17

Warnings: Bit of blood

~Vikk's P.O.V.~

     Crash.

     "Oops..."

I stand silently for a second, staring at the many books scattered across the room. I glance down at my new purple hand, curling my fingers and straightening them again.

"This is going to take some getting used to..." I sigh, using the endersoul hand to levitate a book and place it back on the bookshelf.

Or I guess... My hand. Well I guess one perk is that I don't have to actually touch the item to pick it up... And I can teleport which is pretty awesome too, even if it hurts a bit. I find myself thinking as I place another book in its proper place. After a couple minutes I've replaced all the books.

"Now what was I doing again? Oh yes... That's right."

This time I focus my attention on only a single book, rather the whole bookcase... Which had caused everything to fall. The glowing book shifts and floats out of its spot, stopping about a block in front of my hand, suspended in air. Keeping the enchanted book floating in front of me, I cross the room and grab my sword from the item frame on the wall, using my free hand to carry it. Then I squeeze my eyes shut and wave my hand. A brief pain shoots through my head but once I open my eyes I see I'm standing in front of the anvil downstairs. Teleporting literally about twenty blocks... Lazy I know. But it is cool.

     I set the sword down on the anvil and then place the enchanted book beside it. The enchant book in question will give my sword sharpness II, unbreaking I, and knockback I. As soon as I touch the book the my sword, multiple small green and yellow flashing orbs exit my body and get absorbed into the items. With a clang the book has banished into thin air, and the self has a purple sheen to it. Right at that moment Lachlan enters the room.

     "Hey Vikk, watch ya doin'?"
     I pick up my sword, turning towards Lachlan and holding it out, "Just put some enchantments on my sword. We really haven't been enchanting much... So I thought I'd start with this."
     Lachlan eyes skim over the sword. "Nice, what's on it?"
     "Sharpness two, unbreaking one, and knockback one." I lost off before popping it into my inventory. "I got the book from fishing. A pretty nice find if I do say so myself."
     Lachlan nods, and his eyes flicker towards my hand. "Is your hand okay?"
     "Yeah... Just a little sore." I state, rubbing my wrist where the endersoul hand joins my arm.

     Lachlan opens his mouth to say more, but stops when Mitch descends from the staircase.

     "Hey Lachlan, Vikk, what's up?"
     "Nothing much... Just enchanting some stuff." I reply, briefly bringing out my sword to show Mitch before stashing it away again.
     "Cool. I was thinking in a day or two we should maybe head out again and look for an item. You guys up for it?"
     Lachlan looks over at me and I nod firmly. "Yeah we're in" He replies, smiling.
     "Sweet, I'll go see if Jerome, Preston, and Rob are ready. How about we go the day after tomorrow?"
     "Sure, that's plenty of time to get ready. And you never know, this hand could come handy in our next fight." I predict, holding it out in front of me.
"Oh and just so you guys don't worry, I'll probably be heading out and hunting later."
"Alright cya Mitch."

      Mitch nods and starts back up the stairs.

     I turn my attention back down to my hand, examining it with curiosity. I wonder... I think, gazing at Lachlan.

     "Hey Lachlan, can I try something?"
      "Sure. What do you need?"
     "You just have to stay there. This might hurt a little bit, but it goes quickly. That is, if this actually works."