Chapter 3

Warnings: Tiny bit of blood

~Vikk's P.O.V.~

There huddled in a far corner of the small room, is what seems to be a lava creeper hybrid, dressed in black pants and a black hoodie with a red, yellow, and orange flame on it. It has coal black eyes, and shining orange tears are spilling down its face. Not only that but there is a large tear on the side of its hoodie, bright red blood staining the clothing and ground around it. Also it's actually glowing. It wasn't lava we were seeing, it was it's skin! Or is it really skin...?

"What are you?!" Lachlan blurts, picking himself up off the ground.
"I'm... I'm a lava, creeper, human hyrbid..." It sniffles, presumably male by his voice.
"You're not going to hurt us... Are you?" I question cautiously.

He shakes his head. And tries to wipe the tears from his eyes. I frown in sympathy.

"Why are you crying...? Maybe we can help. I'm Vikk," I say motioning to myself. Then I gesture towards Lachlan, "And that's Lachlan."
"I t-think my name is Preston..." Think? "I can't really remember much before a couple days ago... All I remember is that I was suddenly in this forest and all I could remember was my name. So a few days later, or I guess today, I was attacked by a wolf and so I ran down here and hid... And I just don't know what to do..." Preston sobs, "I feel like I'm forgetting someone but I can't remember who..." He finishes, begging to cry again.

Lachlan and I look at each other in shock. Lachlan tilts his head towards Preston and I nod. At this point Preston has buried his face in his arms, and so Lachlan clears his throat to grab his attention. Then, he explains how that happened to us too. The whole time Preston listens intently, his crying eventually dying down.

"Somethings not right here..." Preston finally affirms, staring intensely at the ground and wiping away a tear.
"Yeah..." Lachlan agrees, scratching his head.
"Here Preston, let me see your wound... It looks pretty bad." I say, approaching him.

Preston nods shakily and sits up straight. I kneel down in front of him, reaching for his hoodie. But then I stop glancing at his bright orange glowing skin warily.

"It's not going to um... Burn me is it?" I question, glancing at Preston.
"Nah dude. It's only hot when I want it to be." Preston reassures me.

I nod grabbing the hem of his hoodie and pulling it up to reveal his side. I wince at the bloody sight, examining the deep puncture wounds in his side. He wasn't lying when he said a wolf attacked him, because two rows of teeth marks are tearing into his glowing skin. Blood is still slightly flowing from the wounds but luckily it's starting to scab up. I look up at Preston, right into black eyes glazed with worry. I lower his hoodie, sitting back.

"Thankfully it's not too bad. But it's still bleeding a little bit and the bite marks are pretty deep. I'd probably suggest not moving it too much until it heals. Otherwise you should be fine." I report, receiving a nod in response.

I stand back up and hold out my hand for Preston. He takes it and I pull him up, randomly noticing how his hand isn't actually hot, but instead merely warm.

"I feel like I've know you guys for a long time... But I can't remember anything..." Preston trails on.
"Same here... I wonder if there are more of us?" Lachlan chimes in for the first time in a while.
"Who knows? I think we should just keep following our instinct because I know for a fact mine has lead me to find both of you... so it's safe to assume we should keep doing just that."