Chapter 8

Warnings: None

~3rd P.O.V. (As seen from ?????????)~

~~~

     "Hey guys, know what we should do?" Lachlan states to his friends, all seated around a campfire, "We should make a village... Not just for us but so anyone can come and stay! If someone is lost... Being chased... Or simply is moving we can make somewhere for everyone to stay!"
     "And..." Preston adds from directly across the fire, "We can have a bunch of things set up in it for entertainment! Like a parkour corse..."
     "An archery range..." Mitch chimes in.
     "A sparring range..." Adds Jerome.
     "A green house with plants and crops..." Rob suggests.
     "And A bunch of fancy houses and statues." Vikk finishes.
     "Yeah I like that idea." Lachlan declares everyone nodding along.
     "After all... We really don't have anywhere to stay. We just kinda roam around with no real goal. It'd be nice to have somewhere to call home." Rob exclaims.
     "You know what? We need a name. Something to call ourselves... Only the six of us." Jerome states.
     "Do you have an idea?" Mitch questions, but Jerome shakes his head.

     The six sit there under the stars, all seated around the blazing campfire and start brainstorming ideas for a name. Then Preston perks up. He clears his throat and everyone lifts their head to hear what he has to say.

     "How about the pack?"
     "The pack...?" Lachlan echoes, furrowing his brows in thought.
     "I like that... It's sounds epic." Vikk comments, Preston beaming.
     "Anyone else have an idea?" Jerome pipes up, but everyone stays silent. "Alright then, all in favour of 'the Pack' raise their hands."

     All six hands lift into the air.

     "Then it's settled." Vikk confirms, "We'll call ourselves the Pack."

~~~

     A month later...

     "Aaaaaand that should do it. The village, population currently six, is finished!" Jerome declares, the six stepping back to view all their hard work.

     After days of hard work the Pack has finally finished the basic layout of the village... Which one day they hope will grow. All that's really present at the moment is a big shared house for them, four houses to start in case people turn up, a greenhouse, parkour course, archery range, sparring field, a mine entrance, and a statue of the six in the middle of it all.

     "And..." Rob trails on, pulling something form behind his back, "Look what I have here... Our first flower."

     In his hands he holds a beautiful red rose, growing healthily in the pot of soil.

     "I managed to find an old enchantment so it won't ever die." Rob explains, receiving a chorus of 'oohs' and 'ahhs'.
     "So this is it then." Mitch exclaims, opening his arms to motion to the entire village, "Our new home. The home of the Pack. And hopefully soon to be others."

~~~

     ~Rob's P.O.V.~

     Every so slowly did reality return to me. Slowly sitting up and rubbing my bleary eyes I glance around the area, trying to remember where I am. But the faint orange glow of what I can make out to be Preston's skin refreshes my memory.