Chapter 7

Warnings: Probably blood idk yet... Just expect it just in case XD

     ~Rob's P.O.V~

     With that I've gathered all of their attention. Preston, Vikk, Lachlan, Jerome, and Mitch all slowly inch back towards me. Preston glances warily off into the nest of tangling white webs.

     "You're not actually thinking of going in there, are you?" Preston questions, as if I'm pulling a prank.
     "I agree with Preston, because I don't even feel anything... Like no motive to go in there." Mitch adds.
     "If it was a person wouldn't we all feel it?" Lachlan remarks, everyone else nodding.
     "But maybe..." I continue, "Maybe there's something in there for me."

     My friends all take turns glancing between me and the webs, me and the webs. I groan.

     "Look, I really feel like going in there so that's what I'm going to do. You guys don't have to come, but if you do there's a more likely chance I'll make it out alive. So in exactly one minute I'm going in there and you can do whatever you want."

      The five all simultaneously turn and start murmuring amongst themselves. I start counting silently in my head, and it's true that I'd go without them... But it doesn't mean I want to. Thirty seconds left. I pull out my two iron swords and start wondering how I'll go about doing this. I guess just slashing through the webs would be my best choice. Then I don't risk getting caught and being eaten alive... Then again though, I won't have my swords at the ready. Well... YOLO I guess. Ten seconds. It doesn't look like they are gonna join me. I sigh, stepping towards the jungle of webs.

     "Hey now, who said you could get all the fun huh?"

     My eyes widen and I turn around to see Jerome smiling confidently and crossing his arms. Mitch smiles uneasily and walks forward, placing a hand on my shoulder.

     "No man left behind Rob, if there is truly something in there that'll help us get out memories then we're coming with you."
     "Even if it's filled with creepy crawly spiders." Lachlan chuckles.

     I grin warmly, nodding.

     "Now, I'd use my flames to burn down his stuff but I don't wanna accidentally start a forest fire... So lead the way Rob." Preston states causally.
     "Sure you're not just scared?" I challenge slyly.
     "Shut up you little cactus."
     "Cactus?" Vikk inquires with a giggle, "Where did that come from?"
     Preston shrugs, "Just felt right to say."

     Slowly approaching the webs and raising one sword above my head I bring it down swiftly, slicing through the webs like butter. But when I pull my sword back up I shake it off in disgust at the multiple strings clinging onto it. Gross. I peer farther into the nest to see that from here on out it only gets darker.

     "Hey Preston I could use you up here, it gets pretty dark. Just don't heat up and burn me or the forest."

     A second later and I feel the slight warmth of Preston's presence behind me, and see the illumination of his skin reflecting off the webs. Hauling my sword up yet again I bring it down upon the webs, and we begin our trek into the nest.

~~~

     "How much farther do you think we have to go...?" Jerome inquires uncertainly..