Chapter 19

Warnings: None

~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "So you're sure you're okay to go?"
     "I'm sure Jerome."
     "You're sure you're sure?"
     "Yes, I'm sure I'm sure Preston."
     "You're sure you're sure you're su-"
     "ENOUGH." I finally snap, Preston and Jerome clamping their jaws shut. "I'm fine, now let's get going before we waste any more time."
      "We're just looking out for ya Mitch." Jerome defends.
     "Yeah... I know." I reply simply to a baffled Jerome, flashing a quick smile before hopping onto Arrow and charging ahead.

     Digging my heels into Arrows side and lashing the reins, Arrow neighs and shifts into his maximum speed. Trusting him not to buck me off, I subconsciously reach to stroke my necklace. But as my fingers only make contact with air I frown, reminded that it was taken from me. I also growl slightly under my breath, noting the dull pain within my leg. Yes, a couple healing potions do well in healing it to the point of functioning... But that doesn't mean the pain is completely gone.

     Suddenly something tingly is triggering in my brain. I perk up and try to direct my through to outwards, honing in on the feeling. I let my head turn itself, and find myself facing the direction I had originally predicted... The opposite way of the Jerome's mutant. Aka, the left.

     "Guys I've picked up in the feeling! Follow me, it's going into the forest!" I call over my shoulder, leading Arrow to the left.

     And fast forward several minutes later, Arrow along with everyone else's horses are refusing to step on block into the forest.

     "Looks like we're going the right way..." Vikk mutters, trying to calm Twilight down. Although, eventually he gives up and slides off.
     "It's probably better we leave our horses here anyway... I don't think trying to ride through a forest is the most pleasant of ideas. They probably wouldn't make it through." Rob comments, Winter snorting in a challenging manner as if to say 'try me'

Just like that, before Rob can dismount, Winter is whinnying heartily and shooting right into the tree line. But she doesn't stray far... Just far enough in to whack Rob into multiple branches. None of us makes a move, instead watching in amusement as Rob repeatedly pleas Winter to stop, only to run into another branch. A minute or so later and Winter is victoriously trotting back towards us, proud of her work in completely wrecking Rob.

I bite my lip to prevent laughter, as do Jerome and Vikk. Preston and Lachlan on the other hand break out into mocking laughter, taking in the sight of a shaken Rob with many sticks and leaves stuck in his now dishevelled hair. He grumbles slipping off of Winter who in return snorts happily.

"Not funny guys..." He mutters, picking a leaf from his shirt.
"No, actually, it's pretty funny Rob." Jerome pitches in, now joining in with chorus of laughter.

It's not long before Vikk and I join in too.

~~~

     "Are we getting close Mitch?"  Lachlan asks, breaking the silence.

     I pause, everyone else stopping with me. Then I close my eyes for a moment, trying to estimate how far away we might be, judging on the strength of the feeling.

     "I'd say halfway..."
     "So I guess we're staying here for the night then." Jerome states wearily, glancing at the darkening sky.
     "Did anyone happen to bring a bed? Or... Six?" Preston asks us, but we all shake our heads. Except Rob... He raises his hand.
     "I brought one..."
     "Of course you did Rob." Preston snickers.
     "Well that won't do any good... There's no way we can all fit on it. And even if we could it'd be super awkward." I point out jokingly.