Chapter 23

Warnings: Not sure if it needs to be a warning but there's a suspenseful-ish part 

     ~Vikk's P.O.V.~

     "Jerome are you sure this is the right way back?"
     "Yes, Vikk. I'm sure this is the right way."
     "But Jerome I don't remember us passing a savannah biome..." Rob pitches in, glancing around uncertainly.
     "We uh... Must have just not seen it. Yeah, that's what we probably did." Jerome tries, but also begins to show confusion.
     "Jerome stop for a sec, I think we took a wrong turn back in the forest." Mitch commands, tugging back on Jerome's arm.
     "But Mitch-"
     "Jerome we're going the wrong way, you accidentally mislead us, get over it!" Preston exclaims, Jerome huffing and pausing his trek.

     Gathering into a small group, we all spin around and scan our surroundings. The spruce forest is way off in the distance now, savannah stretches for a decent ways around us, there seems to be an ocean off in one direction, and a snowy plains in the East.

     "Okay yeah, we're lost for sure. We did not pass these biomes. We only went through a plains, forest, swamp, and hills biome." Rob concludes, stroking his beard.
     "Soooo do we just go back then?" Lachlan trails on unsurely.
     I shake my head, "No, we'd better set up a shelter here for tonight. The sun is going to set soon."

     Everyone else turns towards the sun, watching as it lowers enough to just barely skim the tree line.

     "Good idea Vikk. Okay so here's the plan. Rob, Vikk, you guys come with me. We're running a bit low on food and we're gonna need more, especially if our trip is being extended. Jerome, Mitch, and Lachlan, you guys work on building us a shelter for tonight. We've got abouuuuut..." Preston glances at the sun, "Like, thirty minutes."
     "Then what are we waiting for? Lezzgo!" Jerome declares, running off to go chop down a tree.

     We all chuckle and roll our eyes at Jerome's childish glee, then we part ways to go do our assigned jobs.

     Rob, Preston, and I quickly scale a small hill and give ourselves a better perspective. In the grassy lands below us there are multiple passive mobs peacefully grazing. A few pigs are lazing around by a tree, some sheep nibble at the swaying grass, multiple chickens are plucking at the ground off near a puddle of water, and six wild horses are standing off on the distance, braying every so often. Which reminds me...

    "Hey guys, do you think our horses are okay? They must have wandered off by now, but I just hope they're smart enough to go back home..."
"Who knows." Preston replies simply, notching an arrow and aiming at the grazing horses.
"Preston we should get closer before you try and shoot at them. If you miss that shot it'll spook them and they'll run away." Rob warns, but Preston waves his hand dismissively.
"It's fine, I'm the second best archer here and even if I do miss the shot - which I won't - the only thing we're gonna lose is a couple pieces of leather."
"So you admit you aren't the best? That's new." I smirk, Preston frowning accordingly.
"Oh shut up you pleb." Preston mumbles, brining the arrow back to his cheek.

Only a second before Preston fires on of the horses, who was previously facing away from us, turns and lifts its snow white head. Just as Preston releases the arrow, Rob jumps into action and forcefully shoves Preston, enough so to knock him on the ground and set the arrow of course.

"OW. ROB WHAT THE FUDGE WAS THE FOR?!" Preston demands, glaring up at Rob.
"Preston the horse you almost shot is Winter!" Rob exclaims, craning his neck to make sure the horse is not harmed.
"Winter? Rob that could just be a wild horse yknow." I remind him, but Rob shakes his head wildly.
"No Vikk, look. Those six houses are our horses. They're all the right colours and they are all saddled."