Chapter 18

Warnings: None

     ~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "Mitch... Mitch come on, say something... Mitch don't you dare die on me."

With a persisting ringing in my head, I groan weakly and crack open an eye. All around me excited mumbling is stirring up as my second eye opens, and five blurry figures are surrounding me. Or is it ten...

"Mitch how many fingers am I holding up?"

I try to squint at the figure, presumably Preston by the warm glow surrounding him, and my eyes just can't seem to focus on his fingers.

"...Four?"

Preston looks at his fingers, before what I think to be shaking his head 'no'.

Then a wave of nausea is flooding over me and I find my vision blurring even more. I let my head fall back into the pillow and groan as my eyes scrunch shut. Pain courses through my body, and I find myself slipping away once again.

"Guys, he's going out again."
"At least we know he's okay..."
"... Rest well Mitch."

~~~

~Vikk's P.O.V.~

     And with that, Mitch once again is unresponsive... Much to my displeasure. And probably everyone else's too. For the past few days Mitch has been constantly in and out, but this is the first time he's actually had any sense in his words. For the past multiple times he's just emitted sounds of pain and discomfort, before blacking out again. Which means, we haven't been able to figure out what happened to him, and how he lost his necklace. Could his necklace be the item he's supposed to find...? No that can't be the case... If it was then Mitch would have got his memories back by now. And he would have felt a connection with it, so whoever took it must have another reason. Maybe they just like shiny things.

     "Okay guys, real talk here. As soon as Mitch wakes up and is good enough to talk, we need to find out what happened to him. Because I have a feeling, whoever or whatever took his amulet must have known that's Mitch's memory item." Preston states firmly.

Well then...

     "But Preston, there's a problem with that... If that is Mitch's memory item then wouldn't he have already gotten them back? And wouldn't he have felt it?" I point out.
     "That's true Vikk but just think about it..." He continues, "First up, it almost seems like we're getting the feelings in a specific order. Like, what I mean is my item was leading me towards the desert, but right after that Jerome's was to the right. But he didn't feel it until after I got my memories. You see what I'm saying? Not only that but if I'm correct, we have to defeat a mutant mob before the item can actually restore or memories. Now I can't really back this up but if that's the case then it would explain why Mitch hasn't gotten his memories from the necklace yet."
     "Well, it's far fetched, but you do have a point." Lachlan comments thoughtfully.
     "I just hope he gets better soon. Just because he seems to be getting better doesn't mean he'll make it..." Jerome trails on.
     "I wouldn't worry to much Jerome, he wasn't hurt too badly..." Rob reassures.
     "Rob, his leg is broken, the cut on his arm is down to the bone, and he has multiple gasses along his back, stomach, and chest... Not to mention-"

     Jerome kinda lowers his head, Rob stomps on Preston's foot to shut him up, Lachlan shoots Preston a death glare, and I whisper under my breath, "Not helping Preston."