Your Plan To Help HIm

A/N: The real fun is in the chapter tomorrow. Sparks will fly and tears will fall then...muh-ha-ha-ha!

It had been two weeks, three days, seven hours, twelve minutes and 36 seconds since your last encounter with Newt Scamander. You no longer shared classes with him. In fact, he rarely attended any classes anymore. It was obvious that he was still handing in assignments, as you noticed some of his parchments on Professor Slughorn's desk one day. Where he was studying and how he was managing to keep up with the increased work was completely beyond you. No, you had your mind set on other tasks.

After the incident in the library, you had become adamant on discovering who exactly had been verbally targeting Newt. Your efforts were soon rewarded, as you quickly learnt that the school was actually divided into two groups where you both were concerned.

The first and the largest group- let's call them Team Shippers- were pro you and Newt becoming a couple. This group had fabricated the bets and odds that were played every time you and he argued. Team Shippers mainly consisted of Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws, Slytherins, a majority of Gryffindors students and Hogwart's teaching faculty. They weren't the ones causing Newt the troubles he had previously mentioned.

No, that was the second group (we'll call them Team Doltish). Now it was this group, made up of a few knuckled-headed Gryffindors, that were the ones sending Newt vicious notes, cornering him at every available opportunity and generally making his life a living hell.

Having this information was useful, yes but it didn't help you to help Newt. What you needed to do was find a way to stop these thugs but how? You had seen this group before, they were on the Quidditch team and let's just say, they were at least twice your height and breadth. You could have possibly dueled them but it would have been you verse five others and the last thing you wanted was to:

a) Involve others in your plan (unless undeniably necessary).

b) Get in trouble for dueling other students outside of your DADA classes.

c) Have something go wrong and end up causing Newt more pain.

You had considered involving your House Leader, Professor McGonagall but wouldn't that just fuel the bullies more? You telling a teacher about the thugs would make Newt look weak. A teacher talking to the bullies about their disgusting behavior would make Newt look weak. The bullies would just have another excuse to harass him.

There had to be a solution. There had to be!

You realised that before you could even fabricate a plan to help the shy male, you needed to talk to him first, which was easier said than done. He was literally in hiding. Hiding from you. Hiding from the thugs. Hiding from everyone and staying safe with his books on magical creatures. That wasn't an existence.

It dawned upon you that, if he was handing work in, then he would have to do it when there were no other students around to see him. That gave you a timeframe. There only time Hogwarts's halls weren't filed with students was at bedtime, when everyone went back to their dorms for the night. That was at eleven o'clock.

Next was where he would be. You knew that you would have to catch him on a day where you were both handing in the same assignment. You consulted your list of subjects. Today you were supposed to be giving Professor Slughorn your essay on Why Amaryllis Belladonna Was Useful For The Pollunation of Capenter Bees?, which you had accidentally neglected to write, as you had been too busy playing Sherlock Holmes. So it was decided, tonight after curfew, you would sneek out to Professor Slughorn's classroom in the dungeons and wait for Newt to turn up. Then you would be able to talk to him, assuming he would actually be willing to as let's face it, you two hadn't exactly parted on good terms. Let the wait commence.