When Newt Breaks Leta's Curse. Whoop!

You both tumbled to the ground. He suddenly grabbed your arm and pulled you to the ground, pinned down against the rain-soaked ground.

The male held your arms above your head. You did attempt to tried to wriggle free of his grip but he just held you tighter.

It was frightening to see how dehumanised he was in this state.

"Newt." you whispered between laboured breaths.

Resistance was obviously futile. Especially when he had the upper hand. Exhausted from your duel, you lay back against the leaves the cushioned your bruised body.

For a moment, your gaze focused not on Newt Scamander's face but on the canopy of trees above. The Black Forest was truly a breath-taking sight to behold, for your vision was filled with the rich green leaves, that covered the dark wood of the Ulmus glabra.

You observed as your breath puffed out of your weary lungs, particles dispersing into the air as a curl of delicate mist.

"Stop following us, (y/n)." he hissed. The sound of his displeased tone broke your poetic train of thoughts. "It's over."

Looking directly into those beautiful teal eyes, you navigated through those icy pigmentations and dashes of red maple tones, attempting to find a hint of the Newt that you loved.

"No." you shook your head, in refusal to his demand. You knew full well that she was somewhere nearby. Watching. Waiting for him to follow her once more, like a besotted puppy.

You weren't losing sight of him again for another fortnight. For fourteen days you had tracked them from France to Germany. Finally, you had him to yourself. It was time to stop chasing the fleeing duo. Now was your only chance to get the man you loved back to his original self.

A gutteral sound hummed through his vocal chords, almost like the snarl of a wolf. You had never seen him so feral.

"Give up on me." he growled, eyes gleaming with anger.

Words failed you. You were scared of this Newt. Instead you shook your head, unsure of how he would react to your denial. You needed to think quickly. You had to find a way of bringing him back to you.

It was a lightbulb moment. So far, all you had done was try and convince of the good times you had shared together. But what of the times when you were most distressed, how would this Newt react to therecollections where he was at fault?

Mustering all of your courage, you summoned all of your past, bitter memories from your Limbic System, knowing that it was time to face your demons and save the one you truly loved. How valliant and risky of you.

"It was your fault." you began. Though your voice slightly trembled with nerves, you continued on with your accusatory statement. "It was your fault that I got hurt in the forest that night."

Oh how you recalled that terrifying night in the Forbidden Forest, when you became separated from Newt and were attacked by that monstrous being. "I only went with you because I wanted you to include me in your exclusive world." you paused, as you bit your lips. You about to lie through your teeth. It would be harsh but hopefully, trigger some kind of emotional response from him. "That iscolated world you had created because no human cared for you. So instead you found solice in creatures, since no student wanted to befriend the pathetic Newt Scamander."

That word, 'pathetic', he hated it. He despised it with every fibre of his being and for good reason. It was what the ignorant Gryffindor meatheads would call him on a daily basis, as they knocked the stack of hardback books from his hands.

You saw a flash of hurt pass across his face. It was only for a spilt second, so you were certain that you were on the right path. Thank goodness, you weren't sure how much longer you could be spiteful for.

"I trusted you that night and once again, you let someone down. First it was your family, for being so antisocial, when your brother was oh-so-popular. Then it was me because although I knew you were a pitful man, I didn't realise just how useless you were until that night."

His grip had loosened considerably and Newt was no longer towering over you. Instead, he was sitting up and hands resting upon his thighs, as he continued straddling you.

His facial expression now held no anger, only extreme sorry. "Stop." he weakly protested, unable to eloquently defend himself.

Sitting up, you found yourself now chest-to-chest with him and looking up at those grief-stricken eyes. It wouldn't take much more of your harsh words to bring him back to you. "I wonder what your dear Mother thought, when she learnt of your expulsion? Was she thrilled or disappointed that you would never be as achieving, as your wonderful brother?"

You knew that one of his major triggers was his lovely and kind Mother. Under normal circumstances, you never would have brought her into such a conversation but you were desperate now.

Tears streaked his cheeks as he remember the elegant and loving Mother, whom had died so unexpectedly. You knew that everyday he missed her and that she had been his inspiration in life.
You felt sick at your attempt at sullying any good memory he had of her.

"She died ashamed of you, Salamander." it had been years since you had called him that nickname so mockingly. "You could never be as talented as your brother, could you? Your poor Mother, having to have you for a son."

Something inside of him finally snapped.

The tears were pouring in a steady stream, as he covered your mouth with the palm of his hand and begged for you to cease your unpleasantries.

He bent down, head resting on your shoulder as he wept without any inhibitions. The sound was heartbreaking.

His fingers eventually pulled away from your lips, the pads of the digits brushed over the sensitive skin and came to cup the side of you face.

"What have I done...what have I done?" he murmured over and over again, as he nuzzled at your neck. He took comfort in feeling your quickened so close to his once more.

You were a comforting drug and he, an addict- he craved your closeness after being denied you for so long. You gladly accepted to be his fix.

Newt's body quivered against yours, which caused you to shake too. Taking your chances, you held him to you, relishing the moment you were able to hold him again. It had been too long.

"I'm so sorry." he whimpered between sobs. "I...I wasn't...it was Leta."

When hadn't it been? You thought bitterly, though wondering why she hadn't attacked you yet. You had broken her dreadful spell. Surely she was angry?

She. Was. Furious but unable to act upon her hatred for you. For the dark-haired male's hand was wrapped tightly around her mouth and waist, preventing her from moving or looking away from yours and Newt's reunion.

"I know." you simply stated through your own veil of tears. Watching Newt cry had prompted you into weeping. "I know..."

Clinging to one another, as if in fear of being separated again, you both allowed all of your raw emotions to spill from your lips. Confessions filled the air in hushed tones, as you told the male of the extent of your undeniable dispair and he, the constant apologies for his past behaviour towards you and Leta.

"Forgive me?" he hoarsely questioned, fraught with anxiety that you would reject him, after his relationship with that hellion.

Your fingers carded through his auburn locks, not quite able to comprehand your victory. You couldn't stop checking to make sure he was real and not just a cruel dream. "Yes," you replied breathlessly. "Always."

The other male observed you and Newt from afar. Although his heart ached at the sightbof another man's arms wrapped around your waist, he kew that you were finally back to where you belonged. For that reason only, he found the strength to forget any embrace you had shared together.

"Now then, sweetheart." his attention returned to much more pressing matters. "How's about we get out of here and I get you into a nice, comfortable cell in New York, hey?" he smirked as she attempted to pull away. Leta Lestrange would never hurt you or your lover ever again, Percival Graves would made damned sure of that.

****

A/N: Received concerning health news today. Not sure how to feel.

Am glad that I can now write more pleasant chapters from here on out!