When He Whispers Sweet Nothings

He was so tired and you, so warm. He felt so safe next to you on the sofa as you slept side by side.

He watched every rise and fall of your chest, he watched you stir slightly and then settle back into a deep slumber.

Newt gently traced the deep purple circles under your eyes, the dark bruising really showed up in the moonlight that was shining through the open curtains

He loved the way your skin shon in the silvery glow. If he could, Newt would have watched over you for eternity.

Next his fingers lightly brushed over your jaw, as he followed the curve and then he let his fingers run tenderly through your hair.

Had he ever looked at you in this much depth? Had he ever just taken the time to really look at you, the vunerable you who had no barriers to hide behind?

Looking at you, he was reminded of a quote he had read in a story. "I find myself falling for you more and more each day. It's like I'm suspended in mid-flight but I never want to come down. Loving you, it's like I'm on Cloud Nine. I know that one day, I'll have to fall back down to Earth and leave you, my angel in the clouds but that will only be the day I have to say 'Goodbye'. And I promise, even then, I'll be watching over you. Protecting you while you stare at the stars above, wondering which one I am." he kissed her head and inhaled your scent that consisted of shampoo and toast.

Newt pulled you on top of him, so that she were lying on his chest, that way you would have more space to sleep.

You stirred again. This time you moved you head to the space between his shoulder and neck. "Newt..." you sighed, mumbling in your sleep.

Newt smiled at himself and leaned forward to kiss forehead. "I love you."

"What was that?" you unexpectedly whispered and opened your eyes to stared up at your soon-to-be husband.

"I said 'I love you'."

You smiled at him, kissing his jaw. "I know. I love you too."

He leaned back further into the sofa, sighing contentedly. "I know." Newt stretched slightly, glancing over at the clock on the wall. "Damn, it's four."

"Really? It's still so dark."

"It's definitely four. I have to get up in half an hour to feed Dougal."

"So..." you paused. "Shall we sleep for a bit longer?"

"Damn, yes." already he had closed his eyes and settled once again to fall asleep.

You were about to close your own eyes when you whispered. "Newt?"

"Yeah?"

"You know I'll always love you."

He frowned. "I know, and I'll always love you too. Forever and ever...and ever..." he mumbled as sleep overtook him.

Yoh waited a few moments incase he said anything else but Newt remained silent. "Such a dope." you chuckled before closing your eyes.