When You Have No Pulse (Part Four)

A/N: DEATH TRIGGERS. PLEASE DON'T READ IT YOU'RE EASILY TRIGGERED. YOU LOVELY THINGS. 

A cry of anguish escaped his lips as he checked your pulse. That was when he realised that there wasn't one. "No! No, no, no..."

He knelt down beside you upon the forest floor. There was not much time. Every second that passed, was another second you slipped further and further away from life and into the forever darkness. Your heart had stopped beating and Newt had to find a way to kick start it again. You could not remain dead.

He needed to perform a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, chest compressions and rescue breath were the only method that would keep the blood and oxygen flowing around the body.

Placing his hands on the centre of the your chest, Newt used the heel of his hand and began to press up and down at a steady beat, around two compressions per second. One...Two...Three, he counted in his head. Once Newt reached thirty compressions, he tilted your head, lifting your chin with two fingers. Pinching your nose, his lips clamped over yours as he blew air into your lungs, willing for you to wake up. Each breathe had to last over one second, so after two, Newt light-headedly repeated the thirty compressions.

"Come on, don't be dead. You can't die, I need you! You. Can't. Die. Wake up, please, just wake up. Wake up for me, wake up!" Newt pleaded. Once again, his lips met yours, air left his body, trying to fill yours with life.

Nothing, you did not stir. You really were gone. You were dead because he had brought you to the forest.

Newt's future would now be so bleek, for he would be forever devastated by what he had done. He would live for a few more months until the day of your funeral, when he would end his suffering. Permanently. Hoping to be united with you.

He would die like the second brother. Death would finally claim him as it had claimed so many others.

A/N: Did anyone understand the reference?

Just as the young male was about to repeat the compressions for a third time, your eyelids began to flutter, your chest slowly but steadily rising and falling from breathing. You kept blinking, as if woken up from a deep sleep. A very deep sleep. Just from your actions, Newt could tell you were lethargic and confused. Placing a gentle hand to your cheek, he smiled as your lazy gaze met his. "Welcome back." his stomache flipped with joy at the sight of you moving your head to the side, leaning into his touch. "I need you to stay with me now, I'm going to take you to the medical wing. For a moment I thought I'd lost you."

There was a pause as your eyes slowly focused on his face. Suddenly, you screamed.