We were staying in ParisTo get away from your parents

A/N: The track to listen to forthis chapter is Paris by The Chainsmokers.

****

He jumped.

You merely stood, transfixed in horror as he lept over the safety rail.

The street below was crammed with Muggles, all going about their daily business, oblivious to the terrifying occurence above.

His coat flapped about in the air. The sound filled your ears, as did the din of your scream.

Shock had overtaken your senses. Adrenline your only source of energy.

Suspended in mid-air, his poise reminded you of the Swooping Evil. His blue coat, his flightless wings.

He began to fall.

You had followed him this far. Across the ocean. Over the dry land. To the top of the Effiel Tower. There was no way you were losing him again.

Muttering a short and concise prayer, you acted on impulse and broke into a quick run.

You jumped up, foot catching the top of the hand rail. You lauched yourself off of it.

Finally you were airbourne.

You began to flail as you started to descend towards the ground below.

If your plan failed, you would be joining the muggles soon...

...as a broken mess at their feet.

Grappling at thin air, you attempted to reach out towards him, hoping to gain some purchase on his jacket.

But alas, you were not so fortunate. In an instance, he was gone. Apparated. Whilst you? You were falling towards a rather gory end.

With a cry of terror you closed your eyes, gripped your wand for dear life and quickly put your theoretical knowledge of apparation to the test.

****

He waited by the window, watching the unfamiliar world go about it's day in an ordinary fashion.

The male knew that he should have accompanied you on your search for Newt, rather than follow your order and stay in the small Parisan apartment.

He wondered if you had had any success with your exploring- had you finally found him?

Percival Graves continued to stare out of the window but his mind was far away from the peaceful french scenery. He was fretting about your safety. You were pursuing someone who might have loved you once but now...now wouldn't hesitate to spill your blood if Leta commanded so.

What if you were injured and he was not there to protect you?

If even a hair on your head was harmed, Graves knew that when he returned to America, he would have the wrath of both Goldstein sisters upon him- something he was hoping greatly to avoid at all costs.

Before he could allow his anxiety to plagued his thoughts further, he felt it. The energy change in the air. Something was wrong. Something was terribly-

With a loud crash, you tumbled onto the carpet, rolling a couple of times before you came to a complete stop at his feet.

Inhaling a deep breath, you jolted away from him, patting the floor below you, just to make sure that you were now safely in your temporary apartment. Never had you been so happy to feel those worn, dusty carpets.

Graves was frozen to the spot, quite unsure about what he had just witnessed but one thing was for sure, Tina and Queenie were going to have his guts for garters when they heard what you had done in Paris.

****

A/N: Next stop...Germany!