When You Die (Part 2) * Not The End Of The Book FYI *

A/N: Have I got your attention now?

Not unlike Bella Swan, you too had never given much thought of how you would die but now, as you stared up at the person whom attempted to drown Newt, you realised that this could well be the end for you.

****

Many Hours Earlier.

Days after your conversation with your friends, you had begun your own investigations into who had attacked Newt.

Together your friends are yourself devised a simple plan. Firstly, Isadora complied a list of people whom were interested in the care of magical creatures.

"Here's the list of people interested in the care of magical creatures." Valerian placed the list in front of you. The unraveled scroll rolled across the table, to the floor and far beyond your sight.

Next Valerian sorted through the names, striking off those whom had an alibi or were truly unable to hurt a hair on anyone's head, let alone Newt's. "Okay, so the names crossed off the list are of those whom have an alibi or are truly unable to hurt a hair on anyone's head, let alone Newt's. The stars symbolise those in Slytherin. The smiley faces, Gryffindor. The Exclaimation marks, Ravenclaw and the hearts, Hufflepuff."

Eventually you had your friend basically stalk the suspects on the list, who knew that their fan(girling/boying) ways would come in so handy.

"Okay," they began. "so thanks to my fan(girling/boying) ways, I have been able to reduce the list to two possible names."

They handed you the tiny piece paper, as explained there were two names on the list.

The first was Samfire Jenkins, a Hufflepuff in your year, whom had a tendency to have explosive arguments with ex-lovers. "I saw her arguing with Lysander Parks the other day, I swear if a prefect hadn't stepped in, Lysander would be lose-hander, if you get what I mean."

You assumed that your friend meant that Samfire was close to ripping Lysander's arm off, which would not be surprising. What was confusing you, was why Samfire was a suspect? Apart from her violent streak, you couldn't understand why she would still be on the list, what was her connection to Newt?

As if reading your mind, your friend quickly added: "I also discovered that before pairing up with Lysander, Samfire had her eyes on Newt. Apparently she was Team Newt as opposed to Team You but since you two have become friends, runour has it that a certain green-eyed monster has arisen within her."

A jealous lover, how fricking poetic, you thought bitterly.

The second on the list was Jules Hollinger, a Ravenclaw whom when it came to knowledge on magical creatures, was Newt's competition. It was no secret that he and Newt were constantly battling again each other to be top of the class.

You had initially assumed that there was no bad blood between Jules and Newt but when Newt had ended up in the infirmary, Jules hadn't tried very hard to cover up the fact that he was overly pleased to be excelling in all of his lessons, now that his competition was out of the way.

"So what's the plan now, Holmes?" you friend grinned at you, feeling very pleased about their in-depth stalking- I mean, research- skills.

Why to get them to confess to attempted manslaughter, of course! Easier said than done, Holmes, easier said than done.

****

"Are you sure you know how to make this potion, Isadora?" you questioned as you all huddled around a small cauldron, within the safe constraints of an unused cupboard.

"Positive!" she trilled, continuing with her anti-clockwise stirring.

"I thought this potion could only be draughted by a fully-trained wizard?" Valerian queried, leaning over the pot, frowning at it's consistancy.

"My Father creates this for the Ministry, as part of his job, I've known how to make this potion since I could walk."

Your friend looked at her with a fearful expression. "I'm not sure how I feel about that bit of information."

With a roll of her eyes, Isadora shooed you all away. "I've never used this potion on anyone except cheating boys who need to learn a lesson. Now go and get yourselves ready, we only have three hours until Operation Artemis Fido commences!"

****

Operation Artemis Fido, a simple enough plan. Isadora had given you and Valerian a draught of Felix Felicis to drink and already you were feeling more than lucky.

Tonight you would be meeting Jules, whilst Valerian met with Samfire and together you would both question the two unsuspecting students, hoping to discover which of them was in for a punch in the face from you. Under the circumstances, you were sure Newt would approve of you kicking some a*s.

As you waited in the Owlery, you wondered what was taking Jules so long to meet you?

You suddenly feared that your friend hadn't successfully delivered him the note, requesting that he meet with you urgently about something you could not write on paper. Okay, so the note hadn't been the greatest excuse ever fabricated but you were sure that he would at least be a bit curious to see what you wanted.

It was then that you heard the steady footsteps ascending the fragile, wooden steps.

Your heart sped up at the thought of prehaps finding out what had happened to Newt.

Show time, you thought before turning to face your guest.

That was when a flash of green hit you squarely in the chest.

****

Not unlike Bella Swan, you too had never given much thought of how you would die but now, as you stared up at the person whom attempted to drown Newt, you realised that this could well be the end for you.

Frozen to the spot, all you could do was stare at their familiar features. You internally shivered, this was not at all how you thought the evening would go.

Apparently luck was not on your side, as you leered at

TO BE CONTINUED...