When Tina Is Found. Newt Is Lost. And Graves is Hurt.

Overcome with a sense of longing, you leant down to steal a kiss from those soft lips, which were cool to the touch. Too cool. "You're going to be okay." you whispered, hoping that you hadn't arrived too late to save him.

As she climbed the stairs, heels clicking on the scuffed wood, she dreaded what she might discover within the bedrooms. The floor below had been devoid of what she desired but a sense of dread was starting to cloud her judgement- what if she was too late?

Your fingers absent-mindedly found their way to his hair, as you brushed a stray lock away from his face.

She brushed her hair away from her face. The soft glow from the overhead lights cast a gentle illumination across her delicate features and caused her tear-stained cheeks to glisten.

"No more tears." he whispered hoarsely. "I'm not going anywhere." and he meant what he said, he was going to ensure that he lived. He was not going to leave you again.

What if she was dead?

You were grateful to be knelt there, as you held his hand, in the house that Leta had once inhabited. You were also relieved that you had decided to not stay at home with Queenie but instead, depart shortly, in time to discover him injured. In time to save him. Although you were livid that Leta had escaped, you hadn't wreaked your revenge on her just yet.

She was infuriated for not arriving sooner. How could she have allowed her sister to be left in the hands of Leta Lestrange for so long? If Tina was in any way hurt or even...

Queenie would never forgive herself. Not for one moment. As children, they had vowed to protect one another, no matter the circumstances and yet, Tina had been captured and most likely tortured by a deranged psychopath and where had the other sister been? Making cakes.

To make matters worse, Queenie was furious that Leta had managed to escape. Even if Tina was alive, Queenie's wrath would still have to be unleashed upon the female hellion.

"She's still got him under her influence though." he whispered. "I tried to save him but he...he defended her against my hexes." the male paused. "Which is why I'm in this state."

The blonde female entered the final bedroom, presumably the one where Newt and Leta had inhabited together. Her gaze admired the room with a sense of distaste, as there were clothes- both male and female items- strewn upon almost every inch of floor space.

This was the last place that she could be. This was the only room left that could contain Tina. Alive or dead.

"You did what you could." you reassured him, despite your guilt-ridden disappoint. Of course you had hoped that Newt would be finally be returned to you but Graves had done all he could and almost paid the orice for it.

There would be other opportunities to find him. And punish that good for nothing bit-

"I've found her!" Queenie's sudden cry of jubilation filled your ears. Your heart swelled with happiness. At least one good thing had come out of this failed mission. At least Tina had been discovered after being restrained by Leta.

"How is she?" you called back, hopeful that it was good news.

"Alive!" the familiar voice of Tina Goldstein replied to your question. "Just."

Tina was found. Newt was lost. The search for one had ended. The quest for the other had just begun...

****

A/N: This is an important note. Things are about to get a lot more exciting, so stay tuned. I will give you a small hint...

 I will give you a small hint