When You Meet Your Favourite Author

"So where are we?" you enquired.

"My secret hide out." Newt grinned, taking you by the hand, as he led you into a cozy looking bookstore.

UGLD's Bookstore, his favourite place to visit in New York.

When he opened the door, a small bell jingled, announcing your presence. The store itself was musty and the air inside was thick with dust. It's decor consisted of ancient and faded odenile green and saphire blue, brocade-esque wallpaper. The walls were lined from floor to ceiling with cobwebbed-covered mahogany bookcases, filled to the brim with leather bound books, containing the most thrilling adventures.

You both wandered around for a while, finally finding themselves in the Sci-fi section and continued walking on the scuffed carpet- that once may have been emerald green but was now fraying and discoloured- looking at various books and comparing favourites.

That was when you noticed the sign. In clear, block writing, it read:

UGLD'S BOOKSTORE IS PROUD TO PRESENT AN AUDIENCE WITH UGOTTALOVEDRACO TONIGHT, A LIVE READING OF THEIR POPULAR NOVEL, AWKWARD GIRL'S ALWAYS GET THE GUY.

"Does that sign say what I think it does?" you asked in disbelief.

Your husband-to-be nodded, a huge grin spread over his facial features. "It does indeed."

"Y-You do know that they're my favourite author?"

Again, Newt nodded. "I do, that's why I brought us here for a reading tonight."

"I can't believe you." you shook you head in amazement.

He took your hands in his, bringing them to his lips so that he could place a tender kiss upon them. "You, (You Full Name) are one amazing (Gender), which is why I wanted tonight to be not only special but perfect."

You involuntarily blushed a deep rose pink, your gaze drifting to your entwined hands.

He smiled happily at you, letting go of one hand so that he could lead you up the stairs.

XOX

They were walking home, his right hand entwined with your left. He was extremely happy, so happy that even when it began to rain, he couldn't but help smile further.

"Ah no, we're going to get soaked!" you squeaked, trying (and failing) to block the rain with your free hand.

He forced you both to stop walking, the rain was no falling heavily, drenching you both. The droplets on your skin were illuminated by the streetlamp above.

You were about to question why you had stopped when Newt suddenly kissed you. Soon you were chest to chest, his arms entwining around your waist and yours looped around his neck.

Your lips gently touched, both as timid lovers. Then your passion kicked in and you melted into each other.

Newt held her closer to his body, running his fingers through your hair, before cupping you face. He moved from your lips to your neck, planting butterfly kisses agonisingly slowly upon the flushed skin.

When you both finally pulled apart- breathless- you couldn't stop smiling lovingly at one another.

Unfortunately, it was at that moment a car chose to drive passed, accelerating through an extra deep puddle, drenching the two of you in foul, murky water.