When Leta Uses The Imperius Curse

Like any good story, it's always best to start from the beginning, rather than the end. If you do skip to the final page, then you may discover the answers to all of your questions but that, Dear Reader, is cheating and where is the fun in that?

So with that thought in mind, let us cast our minds back to the beginning, when all of your troubles started.

Do you recall a time when you were infuriated by Leta's presence? By the mere existence of her being? Of course you do. We all do.

I am sure you'll also recall the day that she became your neighbour. Much to your dismay, obviously. However, for Newt's sake, you had attempted to befriend her, as you already had the one thing she could possibly desire and you weren't giving up on him. Not for one second.

But being nice to Leta Lestrange had been far, far more difficult that you had orginally thought. Especially since she did not make that task easy. It was the little things she did. For example, having her hand on his arm just that second too long. I'm sure you were thinking: 'Mmhmm, girl, move. Your. Hand. If you want to keep it'.

Now you weren't the jealous type. You weren't! You wanted to be her friend. You wanted for once in your magic-filled life for something to be straight forward, easy, devoid of sadness and tears.

Unfortunately I am the writer and have a tendency to enjoy writing scenes that make you cry. What can I say? Sorry?

You're probably wondering where I'm going with this. Well, as much as you tried, it was fair to say that you and Leta wouldn't be wearing matching BFF necklaces anytime soon.

Your concern and annoyance only grew when she started as Newt to help with the odd job around the house. Things like: fixing a shelf, unclogging the drain, checking a filling in her mouth with his tongue. Things like that. But I'm jumping ahead of myself with the latter comment.

No, no. Despite her assumption that Newt was still besotted with her, Leta could not deter Newt's affections away from you. Even when he was fixing her sink, he would not stop talking about you. It was always '(y/n) this' and '(y/n)' that. It was so undeniably sweet of him. Sickenly so.

Yes, Newt Scamander was completely unaware of Leta's intentions towards him. He loved you, he didn't need to look elsewhere.

Immediate action needed to be taken.

On the night of that fateful incident, Newt had been summoned by the hellion to fix another random object in her home. At this point she was purposely breaking things as an excuse for the male to cross her threshold.

If you look up the word desperation in the dictionary, you will see a picture of Leta beside it, marked as fig. A.

It had been a vase. Her Mother's, she falsely claimed.

Fixed with a wave of a wand, Newt was ready to return to you. Except Leta wasn't going to let that happen. Not this time. Muttering an incantation only used by thise with a dark heart, Leta whispered:

"Imperio."

And Newt Scamander was under her spell.

Want to know what happened next? Prehaps how exactly Tina managed to find herself in such a predicament?

Of course you do. Until the next chapter, Dear Reader.