When He's Depressed

A/N: I won't lie to you, I've had a horrible day and so, I may or may not have reflected my unhappy mood in the following chapter. My apologies.

WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOUR DEPRESSION IS EASILY TRIGGERED AND THERE ARE FOOD-RELATED PROBLEMS IN THIS, THOUGH THEY ARE NOT LINKED TO A DISORDER EXACTLY, I JUST DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET UPSET. YOU'RE ALL FAR TOO PRECIOUS, LITTLE CINNAMON ROLLS AND I WOULD CRY IF I UPSET YOU.

****
When a darkness takes control of your body, it can be a burden to the host body, causing the vessel to need days in bed to recuperate.

So when this happened to Newt, it did not just affect him but all those around him too. Seeing him so unanimated and drawn, made you sick with worry, as you were still clueless to the parasite living in Newt's body. You feared that he had over-worked himself during revision.

What made you most anxious was the lack of eating. You see Reader, eating was something that became less of a priority when a body was too exhausted when hosting the darkness. So exhausted in fact, that Newt couldn't even lift his head off of the pilllow. It was a Catch 22, he need fooded to be able to function. You had asked very nicely for the kitchen house elves to make a bowl of Pumpkin soup, as it was one of Newt's favourite dishes.

The elves loved Newt, he was always kind to them and fascinated by tgeir characteristics, for hours he would spend time in the kitchen with them, observing their movements or talking about random topics.

At that moment, the one lively male was lying in bed, his eyes glassy and devoid of expression. The aroma of Pumpkin sat heavy in the air, filling his senses with it's sweet perfume.

"Newt, sweetie, did you hear what I said?" you asked him, biting your lip in concernment for the boy you loved.

Your voice brought his empty thoughts back to Earth. He found himself lying on his back and you, beside him and on your side, with your head propped on a hand as you leant on an elbow. "The soup will be ready in ten minutes, do you want some?"

He nodded, his lungs ached. Talking was an effort. One he couldn't make.

You smiled, despite your inner turmoil. Moving carefully to place a tender kiss on his forehead, you sat up, slipping out of the bed. "Okay, I'll bring some in for you."

The darkness watched at you hastily left the room. It made a note to use you later on in it's soon to be revealed plan.

Don't you dare touch them, a weary but determined voice echoed through it's mind. You've already got me. Leave them out of this.

But I'm only just starting my fun, it quipped back.

Don't do this, Isadora. Not (y/n). They're your friend. Please. Spare them, please.

Friend? They were always a mere pawn in my game and soon, the finale shall occur and life at Hogwarts will never be the same again.

To Be Continued...

A/N: What did you think?