When You Have A Panic Attack

A/N: Continue triggers. :/

****

You eyes fluttered open. Your neck hurt, as if you had been sleeping in an awkward position. The dull ache most likely caused by the railing you had been leaning against. Slightly disorientated, it took a moment for you to remember where you were.

Your eyes focused on the hospital bed she had been leaning against. As you analysed the body lying before you, your gaze drifted over their soft auburn hair that was mated with dried blood. Their perfect, chiselled face that was mottled with bruises and the beautiful body that was marred with scars and cuts.

Newt.

Before yoy could stop yourself, a scream ripped from your lungs and filled the air with it's sharp tones.

****

Before yoy could stop yourself, a scream ripped from your lungs and filled the air with it's sharp tones.

"(y/n), wake up!"

You were awake- that wasn't the problem. The problem was that you couldn't get the image of Newt confined to a hospital bed out of your mind. It was imprinted in your mind. "You're okay. Merlin's beard, you're okay!" you clung to him, trembling with fear.

"(y/n), look at me."

You eventually focused your eyes on your soon-to-be husband, as your rapid breathing becoming faster and faster.

"Breathe with me." he gently commanded. In...one...two...three...and out." Newt tried to calm you down but you seemed to be frightened to your very core. "That's it." he placed his hands on your shoulders, rubbing them soothingly. "Good. Keep calm for me, (y/n)."

"Newt." you attempted to speak but the sound got caught in your throat, causing you to choke.

He soothingly patted you on the back. "Don't speak. It's ok. Try to focus on your breathing."

You shook her head, panicking. "I can't catch my breath." you gasped, trying to gain a few more mouthfuls of oxygen.

"You will, you just need to give it time." he smiled reassuringly. You were going to be okay, he had to remind himself. It was just a nightmare, we've all had them.

Soon you were stabilised, able to once again breathe normally.

You sat next to Newt, his supportive arms around you. "I'm ok now. Honestly, I'm fine." you tried to convince him.

"So, 'fine' is when you hyperventilate?" he could see the pink shade of blush spread across your cheeks. "What was it this time?" he didn't sound angry, only concerned for your wellbeing.

You tried to hide yourself in the fabric of his top. "I don't want to say." you mumbled.

"You can tell me, I promise I won't tell anyone else."

"Not even Frank?"

"Not even Frank." he repeated, a slight smile played on his soft lips.

You groaned. Oh how you wished you could cast the image from your mind. "You were in hospital."

He sighed. "I see." the auburn-haired male paused. Holding you a little more protectively, Newt placed a tender kiss upon your temple.

"Mmhmm." was all you said in response. "I'm sorry I disturbed your sleep. I-"

"Stop." he pulled you away from him, holding you at arms length. "Don't you dare apologise. You've got nothing-absolutely nothing- to be sorry about. You didn't disturb me and I would rather you wake me up, when you need me. As opposed to you dealing with this on your own. Are you clear?" he grinned at you, to show that there was no malice in his words.

"Crystal."