Guess Who Is Getting Married? You.

For hour he had walked around those busy, grey streets. His mind only on you and you alone.

So when he finally returned home and saw you leaning against the kitchen counter, lost in your own little world. He indulged in the overwhelming urge he felt to hold you.

Though completely unaware of his presence, the male strode up to you, both arms were wrapped around your waist. His head rested on your shoulder.

You were immediately drawn back into your reality, your thoughts but a distant memory.

Once you realised what Newt was doing, you were quick in returning the hug, clutching him to you, as if there was a possibility of him disappearing at any given moment.

It felt good to hold you this close again, Newt thought. You had been so distant since your return to America. The last embrace you had shared was when you had stayed on the island.

"What's this for?" you questioned. A feeling of fear rose within you, had something happened? "Is something wrong?"

He shook head. "I went for a walk."

You couldn't help but giggle in relief at the lack of bad news. "So I gathered, since you were gone for so long." you mumbled, lazily running your fingers through his deliciously soft, auburn locks.

"I was thinking."

"That must have hurt." you cheekily joked, which earned you a gentle squeeze.

The male buried his face in your neck, knowing how tickilish you were. You almost- ALMOST- squealed at the sudden nuffle. "Very funny." he laughed, his breath warm against your skin. He paused, unsure how to phrase is next sentence. "I was thinking about how unhappy you've been since he's left."

Without warning, you froze in his arms. A cold sweat ran down your back. Did he know about you and Graves? Who had told him? Who else knew? You internally panicked, terrified about what the young male would say next.

To your dismay, Newt pulled away from you slightly, though his arms did not leave you. He stared into your (e/c) eyes, as he observed you carefully. "I know..." he paused momentarily. "I know that he was there for you when I couldn't be and, (y/n)," he smiled sadly at you. "I'm glad he was."

Your heart literally skipped a beat, for you had not expected such words to leave his lips.

"I don't need to forgive you for anything because you've done nothing wrong." he continued to explain hinself. "I'm just glad that someone was able to comfort you. It should have been me by your side but shamefully, I wasn't. And I'm so, so sorry I wasn't there for you."

Tears were starting to seep into your vision. "Newt," you attempted to blink them away. "it wasn't your fault-"

"You can't change my mind, (y/n)." your beautiful, broken Magizoologist interrupted you. His forehead rested against yours, as you gazed up into this undeniably hurt, teal blue eyes.

"I might not be able to change you mind." you whispered, fearful that your evident upset would lace your voice, were it a decibel higher. "But that doesn't stop me from loving you."

"It should." he retorted.

"But it doesn't."

You placed a kiss on his forehead. A comforting gesture. Your lips lingered for a moment, before you moved to make a trail of butterfly kisses down to his jaw. That jaw you loved so much. You continued to his neck and sucked on his sweet spot. You definitely knew how to show him that you loved him. Then you found yourself at his perfect, pink lips- that taste so sweet.

You felt his hand on your chin, tilting your head towards him. You caught a glimpse of beautiful teal blue eyes before his lips meet yours.

Pulling him closer, you gently placed your hands on the back of his neck. Your tongues caught in a lustful dance.

When you both finally pulled away from one another, you suddenly whisper hastily:

"Salamder," you grinned atyour old private joke. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I've...I've never felt like this about anyone before. I love everything about you. Your smile. Your laugh. Your wonderful personality. 'Last night I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.' Newt, 'I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.' So, I guess what I'm saying is..."

"Will you marry me?" he finished your sentence.

You stared at him for a moment, unsure whether you should answer or not, since it was your proposal he had just hijacked. He nodded for you to. "Yes..." you paused before grinning uncontrollably. "Yes!"