When He Asks You To The Christmas Ball

Newt Scamander always knew that when it came to love, he was hopeless but little did he know that love had something rather special in store for him. His very own Cupid, Valerian Cassanova.

Sick of seeing Newt too nervous to pluck up the courage to ask you to the Christmas Ball, the young witch decided that it was time to give she gave him an all important pep talk. "Just ask them, (y/n) has already made out with you a bunch of times. They totally like you. Just ask them, they will definitely say yes."

Except Newt being Newt, he was absolutely and deniably shy. "You don't know that."

Valerian shrugged, trying to work an over-complicated spell. "Sure I do," she attempted once again to turn her owl into a silver goblet. "Polly Chapman told me."

That was a new piece of information. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah, the other day she'd been talking to (y/n) and when she asked (y/n) if they would go to the Christmas Ball with you, they said that they were waiting for you to 'make a move'."

"'Make a move'?"

Valerian carefully picked up the irritated owl, which still sadly had not been turned into an inanimate object. "Merlin's beard, it means ask (y/n) to the ball!"

"I know what it means!"

The brunette rolled her eyes. "Well you could have fooled me."

The male student huffed and folded his arms. "So what do I do, just say it outwardly to their face?"

"I don't know." Valeriam paused thoughtfully for a moment.

"Well what would you do?"

That was when Valerian grinned. "I'd go up to (y/n) and say, hey do you play Quidditch? Because you're a keeper! Wanna go to the ball with me?"

Newt laughed. Finally calming down from his laughing fit, his mood became more sombre. "Seriously though, Valerian, what should I say?"

"Hey, is your body a sandpit? 'Cause I'm totally digging it! Got to the ball with me."

Newt paused, frowning at what she had said. "Wow, just wow. That is not even worth a sarcastic reply."

Valerian leaned back in her chair, looking rather pleased with herself. "Aw come on, Scamander, the answer is simple!"

"It is?"

"Yes! Ask (y/n) to be your date to the Christmas Ball. Nicely too. Just say...hey, I know we've not being sucking face for that long but how would you like to be my date to the ball?"

Aside from the 'sucking face' bit, that didn't seem like such a bad idea, the auburn-haired male thought to himself. "And if that doesn't work?"

"Say you're under the effects of a love potion."

Another pause. "Oh, that is so lame."

The female shrugged. "It works for me."

"It has never worked for you!"

"Well, you know, one day I'm going use that trick and some guy is actually going to fall for me because of it."

The wizard scoffed. "You wish." he looked over at (y/n), who was sitting quietly reading a transfiguration textbook. "You know what, I am going to ask (y/n)!"

"Hurrah! He is a man and not a mouse or a man disguised as a rat!"

And Newt did just that...

...two days later when he wasn't so nervous.

****

A/N: So a new storyline is beginning. What do you all fancy reading, utter fluff or "this would even make John Green cry"?