eight

/Emma/

/Emma/

I kneeled on the group after killing all of the walkers. I looked at Lori, making eye contact with her, before flipping her off. She shook her head and looked away.

Glenn and Kalee scurried off into their tent. I looked at the RV, realizing I would be there again tonight. I notice people start to move away from the death scene, and I began to make my way to the RV.

"Emma." A voice behind me says, I turn to see Lori. She looks down,

"Look, im sorry for what I said earlier. I know you can fight now." She pauses before running a hand through her hair, "We have an extra sleeping bag in our tent, if you want to sleep with Rick, Carl, and I.

I look from her to the RV, and decide to take her offer, nodding my head at her, accepting her apology.

As I enter the tent, Carl's eyes widen,

"Emma? Why are you here?"  He says, he starts to fix his hair, and brush stuff off of him.

"Shes sleeping next to you tonight Carl, behave or ill send you into the RV." Lori says stepping into the tent.  I laugh lightly, looking between her snd Carl.

Carl smiles widely, patting the empty sleeping bag next to him.

"Come on!" He says, smiling. I laugh again, and climb into the sleeping bag next to him. Lori and Rick send up goodnights, and we do the same back.

Carl and I face each other, looking in each others eyes. He smiles, and our hand gets nudged by his. I look down, and see his hand next to mine.

Slowly, we both inch our hands closer together. Suddenly, a warm hand is holding my small one, I look up from our hands to see Carl looking at me, as he notices me looking at him, he smiles.

"Goodnight Emma."

/Kalee/

I toss and turn on my side of the bed. For some reason, no matter how tired I was, I couldn't sleep.

I lay flat on my back, my hands male there way to my face as I hold it.

"You okay?" A groggy voice next to me says. I take my hands off my face and look at Glenn next to me.

His eyes were sleepily looking into mine,

"Go to sleep, im fine." I say to him, he sighs and turns his body to face mine.

"Cant sleep?" He asks, I shake my head shrugging. He nods his head,

"I have some snacks, we haven't eaten all day and im starving, want some?" He asks sitting up, and opening a random gym bag.

I laugh slightly and nod my head, sitting up next to him.

"We got candy, on top of candy, and for drinks I got some water and some Monster drinks. " He says, throwing the plastic bag full to me.

I empty the bag in front of us and laugh, looking at his hidden stash.

"You my friend, are the best." I say, grabbing a Twix bar. He laughs and grabs some of the food.

For the next hour we sit and tell stories of what we did before the apocalypse, and what our plans were and such.

****

I awoke next to Glenn in our pile of empty waters and candy wrappers. I look around and laugh at the mess we had made.

Looking at Glenn, I notice how peaceful he looks. His dark hair, messed up lightly. The front of his shirt has a water stain from when I made him laugh with water in his mouth.

"Stop staring at me, take a picture it would last longer."  He mumbles, his eyes barley open. I shake my head and turn around.

"Everyones up already, we got some extra sleep from our 'candy hand over'." I say to him, hearing everyone talking outside.

Suddenly I remember what else happened last night, all the people we lost.

I didn't loose anyone, for I hadn't even known the people for 24 hours, so it barley bothered me.

I exit the tent, my blonde hair falling in front of my eyes. I swipe my hair away, and look around at the scene playing out in front of me.

Daryl and others, with pickaxes, smashing the skulls of the dead heads in.

"JIM! Jim's Bit!"  A women yells, I rub my eyes before I grab my knife from my tent, along with my gun.

"He's bit!" She yells again, by now everyone had made their way over. Jim had been held still by Rick, his shirt lifted by Daryl, a large bite above his hip is clearly visible.

"Look-Look we can help him." Rick says, we all look at him confused. "The CDC, it could still be open. They could be working on a cure." He says. Daryl shakes his head,

"Nah man, I say we put a pickaxe in his head, and the dead girls." He says, pointing at where Amy was. I don't say anything, only cause I agree with Daryl.

"Is that what you would want?" Shane asks him, Daryl nods his head,

"Yea, and Id thank you while your doin' it!" He yells. I chuckle to myself and walk away, as I do so a gun shot goes off.

I grab my gun and turn, pointing it at where it came from. Only to see Andrea holding her gun, sobbing over her sisters body.

Everyone moves away from the scene, and continue to drag bodies into a fire.

"What are you doing?" Glenn says, walking up to Daryl and T-Dog, who were dragging our dead to the fire. "We don't burn our people! We bury them!" He yells, from here I can see the tears filling his eyes.

As I look at him my heart breaks a little, to see the ex-pizza boy, cry. I knew it hurt him to loose these people, and how he had known them for a few weeks now.

Daryl and T-Dog sigh, taking the bodies that belong to our people to the other side.

"Thank you." Glenn mumbles to them, before turning and walking to help.