fifty three

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

The day was boring, as it usually is for me. I usually spent the day at the fences, fixing them and killing walkers. Glenn and I still did watch at night though.

Rick had changed, everything had in the last 8 months. There was a council now. It consisted of Hershel, Tyreese, Daryl, Carol, Glenn and I.  Rick didn't want to be even included in it, only if it was a huge thing.

Glenn had left for the run a few hours ago. A lot of people went this time, more than usual. I hadn't done much, just stab walkers at the fence. At one point I walked up in the guard tower to check and make sure someone was on watch, only to find Emma and Carl getting at it.

I left them be, and went back to the fences. A while later I wiped the sweat beads that had formed on my forehead. Looking up at the Georgia sun, I shook my head.

"It doesn't need to be this hot." A voice from behind me says. I turn to see Kendall and nod my head. She stood with a crowbar in hand, walking up next to me.

"Way to fucking hot out here." I say to her, stabbing a walker in the eye. She nods her head, looking over at me. I see her eyes move to the ring that was on my finger.

"How long have you guys been together you think?" She questions, going back to stabbing walkers. I think for a moment, before shrugging.

"I have no clue. Maybe two,three years?" I say, glancing at her. She nods her head before sighing,

"How long do you think it has been since we lost everything?" She asks, she stops stabbing walkers for a moment. I furrow my eyebrows and look up at the sky while thinking.

"Maybe three, four years?" I say, looking back at her. She nods taking it for an answer. I look around at the prison yard, Emma and Carl sat in the field with baby Judith. She could now sit up by herself, and always babbled words out and lightened everyone's mood.

"It's been a year since we found this place. Judy is at least a year now." She tells me, noticing that I was watching them. I nod my head, and turn back to the fence.

"We need to start reinforce these things again. West is starting to pile up like last week." I say to her, pointing over to where a few walkers from the woods made their was to the fence.

My vision moves down to where Rick was, working with Hershel on the garden. I shake my head, not liking the new him still.

"Rick made himself a pussy." I say to her. She chuckles slightly, nodding her head.

"Saw him bury his gun a week after those new people came. Hasn't touched anything but a knife since." She tells me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"He could have so much power, he was smart for awhile, he knew what he was doing." I say, pausing before going back to stabbing walkers, "Now all he wants to do is farm, care for pigs." I add.

"Maybe he will come back to the right mind." She suggests, shrugging. I scoff slightly, chuckling.

"Rick won't pop back into place, at least not for a long ass time." I tell her. A car begins to pull up, and I look over to see the scout group come back. "I got first gate!" I yell out, Carl stands up, running over to get second.

I pull down the chain we had found, opening the gate slowly. Walkers begin to make their way over, but they speed in. Closing the door, I begin to walk over to the car.

The group made their way out quietly, I look at them confused. Everyone had blood on them, a gloom look on all their faces.

"What happened out there?" I ask, people began making their way over. Glenn just shakes his head before walking over and pulling me into a hug.

-----
It was night time, every night we had made the deal that everyone ate together. I didn't like it that much, rather go to Glenn and I's cell and eat in bed with him. He thought the idea was hilarious, and wanted to make that a night that the whole group should do.

It was quiet as everyone ate, I sigh before looking at Glenn,

"This is why we should eat in our rooms! The silence is killing me, everyone is afraid to speak." I joke, trying to lighten the mood. Glenn rolls his eyes, laughing slightly.

"Kalee your yelling." He says calmly, a small smile on his face.

"Well someone has to clear the silence! That someone shall be me." I say to him, picking up a piece of the deer Daryl had caught and placing it in my mouth.

"Can we get cows so we can make ice cream?" I ask to no one in particular. I hear Hershel chuckle from the other side of the room. I look over at him, my eyes wide. "I'm serious! Someone must know how to make Vanilla Bean or Mint Chocolate Chip!"

"That would be pretty cool though, ice cream Fridays should be a thing." Sasha says, smiling at me. I point at her, looking at Hershel still.

"Someone knows what i'm talking about!" I say, and everyone laughs. Sasha looks at me with a smile on her face, waiting for the laugher to calm down.

"Let's start going for runs to look for cows." She says to me, and I nod my head.

"I'm so fucking down for this." I say to her, before placing another piece of meat in my mouth.

"Watch your mouth." Maggie scolds me, jokingly. I put my hand up, then cover my mouth as the food was still in my mouth while I was talking.

"Shit sorry." I say to her, before swallowing my food. Glenn nudges me, a smirk on his face. "What?" I ask him, he chuckles slightly, as my voice echoes through the room.

"Your still yelling, everyone can hear you." He tells me, everyone had turned to look at me. I look at them, confusion on my face.

"Why y'all staring at me, did I say something weird again?" I ask, looking over at Glenn for confirmation. He shakes his head, laughing at me.

"Your the only one talking, and everyone is entertained by you." He says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well duh I should have figured, I mean i'm pretty fucking cool."

-----

Sorry for not updating in 5 days!

Took a little break❤️

Remember to vote and comment!

-
K