fifty one

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

"I'm sorry about your brother." Kendall says to Daryl. Daryl had arrived back at the prison later yesterday. Michonne said that Merle had let her go, said he had some business to put down with The Governor. Daryl found Merle as a walker, but no Governor was found.

The group was currently packing up, not to leave though. We were going to make it look like that, for The Governor. 

It was obvious he was still alive, because Merle was dead. No one knew what happened when he got there, but we look at it as he tried to take him out.

Daryl looked up at her and nodded his head, as Kendall helped pull him to his feet. He looked at his bike, before hopping on it. We were putting all of the cars in the woods, just so he thinks we left in them.

The plan was that Kendall, Beth, Hershel, Carl and Emma were going to be in the woods. Emma and Carl were fighting against it for awhile, before Rick put his foot down.

Maggie, Glenn and I will be on the bridge, waiting for them to come out from the prison. Rick and everyone else  will be inside, ready to attack. 

Glenn had put together most of the plan. Rick was out in the woods, loosing his mind. Daryl was gone looking for his brother. He sat everyone else down and we worked it out.

Hershel was ready to leave. He thought it was still best if we just left. No fighting, no one dies. We would just have to find a new place. No one was having that though, no one was willing to just leave.

Carl and Emma threw their bags into the back of a car. Rick looked at them, as Carl just gave him a dirty look. I sighed, knowing how much he wanted to help. It was just better if he did what was told, he would be safe. That counts for Emma too.

"Ready?" Glenn asks me, his bruises were basically healed at this point. Red marks still scattered across his skin, making me remember that day every time I look at him.  I nod my head, watching the last car drive off into the woods.

Everyone stands in a circle for a moment, taking one last look at each other. We knew how dangerous this was, and how we could die.

Quickly, one last time we go over the plan. Rick sighs after going over it, and looks at all of us,

"We can make it, we can do this. This is our home." He says to us, we all nod silently. Quickly, we head off to our spots. Glenn, Maggie and I put on our riot gear. 

The sheets of wood we had been placing on the fence of the bridge were perfect for this time. We knew at some point they would come in handy, that moment was now. The three of us held bombs, machine guns and clips laid next to us. We were ducked down behind the sheets as we heard a door open.

Multiple footsteps go by, people whispering. I look over at Glenn, who had his eyes narrowed through a crack in the wood. I look through the one closest to me, and see The Governor and all of his men and women.

They all head inside, Glenn, Maggie and I lean back. Maggie looks at us after a few minutes, and we shrug, confused as well. As soon as we shrug a bomb goes off inside the prison. We get back into our ready position, crouching with bombs in our hands.

People begin to rush out and Glenn signals us to throw them. As soon as we do, we grab our guns and begin to shoot others. The Governor begins to yell orders, but his people don't listen.

I aim at him but he somehow ducks into a car.  I let out a stressed breath of air, biting the inside of my cheek. I had the chance to kill him, we all did, but we all somehow missed the one guy. All of his people drive off, and slight excitement comes through my veins.

Everyone comes out of the prison, and I notice no one is hurt or missing. A smile spreads across my face, as I turn to Glenn and Maggie.

"We did it!" Maggie yells, and pulls me into a hug. Everyone cheers and Rick sets off the blow horn. We had used that to signal when everyone could come back

Everyone was hugging as they pulled up. Carl hopped out of the car, a grim look plastered on his face. I glance over at Emma confused, who was looking at him. Hershel hobbled straight over to Rick, whispering something to him. No one else seemed to notice, so I ignored it.

"We did it." Glenn breaths out, before wrapping his arms tightly around me. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, letting out a slight laugh.

"We need to go after them." Rick says, breaking the happy ness. Everyone turns to him and nods, except Hershel once again. I respected Hershel with all my heart, he says I was like a daughter to him. Even though we barley talk anymore, but it was mostly because of how much we were running around. How everything seemed to happen at once.

"They ran, I think it's safe to say that we are safe here now." Hershel says. Daryl shakes his head, strapping his gun on his shoulder.

"They ran, let's finish this." He says, Rick looks at Daryl and nods his head. He looks back at the rest of the group, scanning across us with his eyes.

"Michonne, Daryl, Glenn, Kalee and I will go finish this." Rick says, but Glenn shakes his head.

"Kalee and I will stay back, so if they somehow round back here." Glenn says, and Rick glances at me before he agrees. I nod my head at Glenn, and go to the cars.

The rest of us begin to unpack everything, I turn around to see Carl and Rick fighting.

"I did what I had to do! To protect everyone here. To protect Judith, Emma, everyone!" Carl shouts at him. It takes me a moment before I realize what had happened. Carl had killed someone, while the rest of us were fighting. Carl had stormed off, and I see Emma glance over at Rick He shrugs and her, as she runs a hand through her hair, following Carl.

I carry all of my bags inside, into Glenn and I's room. He had already put mattresses back on the floor next to each other. The bed frames already back where we had it before.

As I walk over to it, I notice something was already on it. It was a watch Hershel carried around with him. I look at it confused, and pick it up in my hands.

"Hershel gave it to me." Glenn says from behind me. I jump slightly and turn to him. He smiles slightly as He walks over, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I love you."