twenty six

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

After what felt like forever of standing still, Beth ran up to her dead mother. She hovered over the body, sob racking through her body. She clutches her dead mother, and suddenly the mother comes back to life. The walker grabs Beth's wrists, pulling her close. Beth's scream filled the air as everyone rushed over to her. Quickly, Kendall grabs a sharp object from the barn, and stabs it into the mothers head.

Beth stands up and sobs into Jimmy's chest. He holds her close as they begin to walk to the house with the other Greenes.  Rick follows the family, along with everyone else,

"Hershel-" Rick begins, but he turns around to face him as soon as he gets to the porch.

"I want you, and your people gone by the end of the week." He says bluntly, then turning on his feet. I stare at him shocked, but understanding where he came from. He glanced at me before opening the house door.

"Hershel." Shane's voice boomed through the air. I watched as Shane ran up the porch, and stared at the old man. Shane went to get close to him before I stepped in his way, slapping Shane in the face.

"Stay away from him asshole, you've done enough." I say, he glares at me, thinking about hitting me back. A hand on my shoulder makes me turn, to see Glenn looking at me worriedly. I nod my head, signalling I was fine. He gives me a small smile before turning to look at Rick. Hershel looks between Shane and I and shakes his head.

"Like I said, gone." He says before heading in the house, then peeking his head back out.

"Kalee, Glenn, come her a moment please?" He says to us. I narrow my eyes looking between the group, Hershel and Glenn. I nod my head and look to Glenn. He shrugs at me and heads inside, to see Hershel sitting at the dining room table.

"Look, I know i'm kicking out your group and all, but ill make you two an offer." He says to us, raising his head from his hands. He looks between Glenn and I and sighs, "My daughter, Maggie. She likes the both of you as best friends. She hasn't had good friendships in awhile, everyone has been taken from her. I want to see her have a smile back on her face, that happens when she is with you guys. I want to offer you guys a chance to stay. You guys are welcome to live in the house, and be part of the family, even when the rest of your group leaves." He says to us.

I nod my head, not sure what to say. It was an amazing offer, one that we could possibly take. Glenn and I were used in the group back there, as walker bait and errand boys. I think for a moment, but remember I have people there I need to take care of, Emma and Kendall. I look at Glenn who is also thinking.

"Thank you for the offer Hershel. By the end of the week we will let you know." I say for both Glenn and I. I glance at Glenn to see him send Hershel a small smile and nod. Hershel smiles a little, before standing up and walking out of the house. I sigh and walk out, to see the group waiting for us.

I stare at them as they wait for us to say what we were talking about,

"Nothing that concerns any of you, well not really." I say shrugging, and walking away. Glenn follows me as we walk away.  As we walk away I stop in my tracks, Glenn placing his hand on my shoulder so he doesn't bump into me.  I turn quickly and look back at the crowd of people in front of the farm house.

"Whats wrong?" Glenn asks me, as I look through the crowd of people. "Kalee?" He says again, breaking me out of my trance.

"Emma and Carl." I say, staring at the crowd still. He looks at me confused, waiting for me to continue. "They aren't over there, I haven't seen them sense Sophia came out of the barn." I say calmly, trying not to let the death of Sophia bother me so much. She had been taken early, but was not longer suffering or worrying about surviving.  Glenn looks back towards the crowd as well, looking himself. He tilts his head confused then faces me.

"They are probably in their tent." He says shrugging, smiling a little at me to try and calm me. I shake my head, and look at him,

"That's what i'm concerned about. Two teenagers in a tent, alone." I tell him, quickly walking over to their tent. I could only hope they weren't doing what I was expecting them to be. As I arrived, Glenn quickly ran up next to me. He looked at me and smirked, as we heard nothing going on in the tent. I quietly peek around the side of the tent, looking in through the small crack of the window.

Emma was next to Carl, their bodies close together. Carl's hand was on Emma's cheek, the other one to his side holding himself up. Emma doing the same, as they continued to kiss for a long period of time. My eyes widen as I watch Carl's hand make its way down to her waist, pulling her closer. I stand back up straight and stare at Glenn wide eyed. He shakes his head at me as he watches what is happening.

"Look guys, if your going to have sex, at least go somewhere that no one will be able to walk up on you. Like I was about 100 feet away and I could tell you guys were about to fuck." I say to them. They jump and look at Glenn and I with red faces. I roll my eyes at them as they try to come up with an excuse.

"Sorry we were just trying to find something that would distract us from, yea." Emma said looking down. Her and Carl were still visibly sad and I sigh, glancing at Glenn.

"Just use protection." Glenn says, and grabs my hand, walking away.

-----

I sat in the Greene house dining room. I was avoiding my group because I was genuinely disappointed that they had to take it the way they did. I knew that it wasn't safe to have the walkers in the barn. I knew it wasn't safe to be sleeping next to them. I knew none of it was safe, but it still was none of our business. I sigh, running a hand through my hair. Beth silently and slowly washes the dishes next to me, I offered her help but she shook her head, telling me not to worry about it and that she was fine. I smiled at the young girl, feeling bad that she had to deal with loosing her mother again.

I zone out, staring at the wall across from me. I think about what it was like before the apocalypses and even after. My stomach turns as I think of everything, and how none of the people here really knew anything about me. A bang next to me brings me out of my trance, I quickly look over to see Beth collapse. Maggie quickly turns as well, and stands up, rushing over to Beth with me.

"Whats happening!?" I say quickly, worry taking over my face. I look at Maggie as we hold the unconscious Beth up.

"Shes gone into shock." She says quickly. I help her bring Beth upstairs, laying the young girl on her bed. "Get my dad please." She says to me, fixing Beth's position. I rush out of the room looking around the house quickly. Hershel turns up no where inside, and I rush to a window, peeking out. He turns out no where out there as well and I start to panic.

"Maggie! Your dads not here!" I yell to her. She rushes down stairs, eyes wide.

"Oh no."