thirty seven

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

"We need to clear out the rooms surrounding us. Make our way to the boiler room." Rick says. We nod our heads and he looks at us. "Who wants to come?" He asks and everyone looks at each other. Glenn and I shrug, knowing that we were usually part of stuff like this. We raise our hands and Rick nods at us. Hershel raises his and Rick thinks for a moment.

"I may be old, but that doesn't mean I can't help." Hershel says, causing Rick to agree on letting him go. T-Dog raises his hand, and lastly Maggie and Daryl do also.

"Okay. This works. Lets move out." He says, we exit the cell block to go into a sitting area. He hands us all a can of spray paint. " We go in pairs, partner up, we can cover more ground. Cover each others asses don't leave any corners uncovered." Rick says to us, looking at Daryl, signaling that he wanted to partner up with him

We all walk out, Glenn and I heading one way. He holds the spray paint and makes arrows and X's on the wall. We end up crossing paths with everyone else, leaving one hall to search down. We all look at each other, waiting to see what to do. We begin to walk down, only to hear multiple groans from walkers.

As Glenn is spray painting a wall, a small herd of walkers come out, more than we can handle.

"Move!" Rick yells, we all run in opposite directions, just trying to get safe. I some how ended up with Glenn, tightly together in a closet. No walkers go by for a few minutes and we come out looking to see what way we should go.

"Hershel? Maggie?" I call out, knowing that T, Rick and Daryl are most likely safe. A loud male scream is heard from a few halls away and Glenn and I begin to sprint towards it. As we run up, Hershel is on the ground, blood seeping from his leg. We all surround him and Rick forces us into a room that looks like a cafeteria.

We lay Hershel down, everyone shocked and scared at what has happened. Rick looks at the crying Hershel and Maggie, then his ax. I stare at him, trying to figure out what he is going to do.

"Hold him down." He says to us. Some f us walk over and hold Hershel down, I stand up with Daryl, making sure there were no walkers in here. I walk over to the door that we had blocked, to make sure no walkers got in.

As I turn back, I hear Daryl yell duck to Rick after he had finished cutting off Hershel's leg. I look to see what he was pointing his bow at, only to see a bunch of men in jump suites.

"Holy shit." A blonde one says, "Their alive."

I hold my gun at them, not trusting them since they were in prison for a reason. Daryl and I continue to keep watch, asking who these people were and if they had anything we could use that could help us.

"He bit?" A black haired man said, holding a gun at my face. I stared at him, glancing down at Hershel then him.

"Was. Was bit." I say, to him, he tilts his head confused.

"Why you people in here?" He asks, but Glenn stands up, avoiding his question.

"Do you have a stretcher or something back there." He asks, before pushing past the men. I glare at him, at how he could just carelessly go past them. I forget about it though, knowing Hershel's life is on the line.

He comes back out with something that they used to serve food on, some sort of cart. He pushes it past Daryl and I, next to the passed out Hershel. They lift him onto the cart, and quickly begin to push him out. Daryl and I glance at each other, before running behind them.

I glance behind me, only to see the shadows of the prisoners.

"Guys." I shout, they turn to me and notice them.

"Hershel first, ex convicts after." Rick says, rushing around the corner. Maggie continued to cry and I felt horrible, knowing that she possibly had just lost her father. If it wasn't for Rick, he would definitely be dead by now. At least now he has a living chance.

We get into the part before the cell block, Rick already yelling for Carl to open the gates. As they push Hershel in I turn around, getting ready to talk to the convicts. I point my gun at the door, along with Daryl pointing at it with his bow.

When they come in, the guy with the gun who looks like their leader, points his gun at us.

"Cell 173, that's mine. In here. Let me in." He says to us. I look at him confused, did he really think that shit was considered his now? He glances at me, then Daryl, then back to me. "Why such a pretty girl like you doing in prison? Come with me, i'll show you around." He says to me. I look at him disgusted, as Glenn walks in.

"Don't you dare talk to her like that asshole!" He shouts, I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. He glances at me and I give him the look to not worry about it. He looks between me and the guy one last time before nodding, and pulling his gun out.

" You her boyfriend or somethin'?" The guy asks, Glenn bites his lip annoyed at the guy, was it not obvious enough yet?

"Yea, and if you even get close to her, you'll be out there with the walkers." Glenn threatens, the guys ignore the threats and looks at each other confused.

"Walkers? You mean the dead people that are up walking around?" A black man in the back asks. We nod our heads and another guy in the back, who was taller than all of them looks at us,

"Why are there a bunch of civilians in a prison anyway?" He asks, we all look at each other, confused. They say they saw the dead people, but yet they are still confused on why we are in here.

"Finding shelter, safety away from the walkers." Rick explains, walking into the room. Blood was on his hands, and the prisoners stared at it.

"Well boys, today is your lucky day, you've been pardon by the state of Georgia. You're free to go." Daryl says to them. They all look at each other still confused.

"Do one of you have a cell phone, so I can call my wife and kids?" One of them asks. The rest of us look at each other confused on what he meant.

"Yea, I need to call my old lady." The tall one says.

"How long have you been locked in there?" I ask, they all look at the blonde guy.

"11 months." He says, "I've been keeping track every day."

-----

Vote and Comment <3

Thanks for 100 votes!

-

K