seventeen

/Kalee/

/Kalee/

"It was just a single gunshot though?"Lori questions. Around 15 minutes ago, a single gunshot had gone off. It had bothered Lori so much, that every minute she would re bring it up.

"Maybe they took down a walker?"Andrea asks. We turn to her like she was stupid.

"Seriously? My husband and everyone else that's with him knows to take down a walker with a knife. They are smarter than that. Don't patronize me." Lori says to her.She shrugs and continues to pout about not having a gun. Every sense Daryl gave Lori a gun,she had been pouting even more about not having a gun. Lori sighs and stops, turning to Andrea,"Here. You want a gun? Take it, I'm sick of the looks you're giving me. Carol sweet heart, I know your daughter is out here lost and everything but the looks you're giving my husband are dumb. I see it every time you look at him. He sees it too, but honey he did everything he could to keep your daughter safe and it's not his fault." Lori rants. I stifle a laugh as Andrea turns away the gun, and Carol looks down in shame. We continued to walk in silence, till Andrea breaks it,

"We're going to find her." She says to Carol, smiling lightly. Carol nods her head at Andrea,

"I just hope she doesn't end up like Amy." Carol says, Andreas eyes widen, slightly hurt at what Carol said. Carol realizes and throws her hand to her mouth, "That's the worst thing i've ever said, oh my gosh i'm so sorry." She says to Andrea, who just nods her head accepting the apology. Daryl sighs and turns around,

"That little girls gon' be fine! Damn people, am I the only zen one round here?" He says to us. I laugh a little at him and begin to walk again. Moments after we start to walk again we hear a scream. We turn around to see Andrea fly to the ground, a walker on top of her. We run over to her only to see a girl with brown hair on a horse hit the walker upside the head.

"Kalee? Kalee here?" She says to us, I look confused at Glenn and raise my hand, giving her a weird look. She nods at me and continues to speak, "There's been an accident, Emma's been shot." She tells me, my eyes widen and stare at her, "Come with me and i'll bring you back to the farm." She tells me, I look at Glenn who tries to stop me from going, I just walk up to him quickly, kissing him and running back hopping on the horse.

"Hey! You can't go with her? Don't even know this girl!" Daryl yells, I ignore him, all that's going through my head is that Kendall is back at camp with Dale and T-DOg and has no clue what happened. The brown hair girl looks back at the group as I get myself comfortable.

"Rick says you guys are stuck back at the traffic snarl? Go straight then head west, you'll go down a road depot road, third mailbox on the left, says Greene can't miss it." She says and hits the horse making it run.As soon as she stops the horse at the house I jump off, running to where Rick, Shane and Carl were.

"How is she?" I breath out, slightly out of breath. Carl just stares off at the ground, Rick looks at me and and breaths out, making me think the worst. "She dead?" I ask them, they all shake their heads.

"Hershel is working on her right now." He says, right after a man with white hair comes outside.

"She's stable, but there's still one bullet fragment inside. She won't make it through the operation without a respirator, something I don't have." He says to us, I swallow a lump in my throat and sit down on the porch, resting my back against the reeling on the porch. The man looks down at me with a questionable look, "Who are you?" He asks.

"Kalee, the girl that's going to kill Emma when she wakes up."

****

Shane, and the man who shot Emma, who I learned name was Otis, had gone to get the supplies needed. I volunteered but Rick kept me back, saying that Glenn would be pissed if something happened to me, along with Emma being pissed. I had agreed, but only because Maggie, the girl with brown hair said she would make me a sandwhich and let me take a shower.

After I got cleaned up, I walked down stairs. It was dark by the time I had finished, Shane and Otis were still not back. Hershel sighed, and began to speak about how he had to do the operation within the next 30 minutes. When I made my way back to the kitchen, I saw T-Dog getting stitched up. I looked at him confused, only to feel arms around my waist. I turn around quickly, about to elbow whoever had been touching me only to realize it was Glenn. I looked at him and gave him a small smile. He frowned at me and pulled me into a hug.

"She'll pull through." He says in my ear. I nod my head, hoping that he was right.

"That man, Merle Dixon? The one that gave you the meds? He just saved your life, let's say that. You know what he was taking these for?" A lady named Patricia asked.  I held back a laugh, knowing the answer, and nudged Glenn to say it.

"Um...Clap? He was taking it for The Clap." He said. Everyone stifled a laugh and she nodded her head, holding back a laugh as well.

"Well Merle Dixon's Clap is the best thing that ever happened to you." She says, standing up from where she was sitting across from T-Dog. "Take it easy for the next few weeks, don't break the stitches and try to clean the bandaged as much as possible." She tells him before walking away. He says a thank you as she leaves, and she nods. I look out the window to see headlights,  making me realize that Shane and Otis were back with the stuff to save Emma. I rush out of the house, going to see if they got it, to only see Shane. The sight of his makes my stomach turn, causing me to be nauseous. He looks at me shaking him head, only to make me realize he was alone, without Otis. I frown lightly, but he hands Hershel the respirator, and he goes rushing back into the house, whispering to us to not tell Patricia, his wife.